Women's Bantamweight bout: Stephanie Egger vs. Irina Alekseeva
Catchweight (140 lb) bout: Journey Newson vs. Marcus McGhee
Women's Bantamweight bout: Hailey Cowan vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ugly UFC card. Those are fights involving mostly UFC level fighters.. and I'll leave it there. The four biggest names in two cards are all on BKFC.

Rockhold should be bigger than Perry, but I like Perry to win. He's built for this kind of stuff and Rockhold probably gets slept. Alvarez/Mendes is a weird matchup but obviously two big names.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
After looking at this BKFC card it got me thinking..

Eagle FC (USA) I said was dead in the water long before it was official because you could tell by their pay structure they weren't going to be profitable and Khabib wasn't going to keep burning money.

The latest one is Gamebred boxing - if you look at their last card and what those guys got paid, there is zero chance it made money. I think they said they were projecting 300k PPV sales which honestly is laughable and I think they would be lucky if they hit triple digits. Jorge won't be burning money much longer.

Reason I bring it up? BKFC. I don't think they can support a pay structure that has 3 former UFC champions and and pretty popular 4th guy in Mike Perry. Charging $40 bucks for this PPV is probably pretty fair when compared to some of the UFC stuff but I just don't think these kind of shows end up profitable. The track record in combat sports is terrible.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
ROQUE MARTINEZ SIGHTING!! He’s in contention for worst UFC fighter of all time (Punk and Mike Jackson don’t count)

Definitely contender for worst physique at least.

As a fat, washed old guy myself I can't really understand how you can be an athlete and look like that.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Definitely contender for worst physique at least.

As a fat, washed old guy myself I can't really understand how you can be an athlete and look like that.
Especially in a sport where you take brain damage, you’d figure you’d want to give yourself a chance to defend/move better

I type as I eat my 4th pop tart of the day

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

Eagle FC (USA) I said was dead in the water long before it was official because you could tell by their pay structure they weren't going to be profitable and Khabib wasn't going to keep burning money.

The latest one is Gamebred boxing - if you look at their last card and what those guys got paid, there is zero chance it made money. I think they said they were projecting 300k PPV sales which honestly is laughable and I think they would be lucky if they hit triple digits. Jorge won't be burning money much longer.

Reason I bring it up? BKFC. I don't think they can support a pay structure that has 3 former UFC champions and and pretty popular 4th guy in Mike Perry. Charging $40 bucks for this PPV is probably pretty fair when compared to some of the UFC stuff but I just don't think these kind of shows end up profitable. The track record in combat sports is terrible.
Yeah I don't get it either and their annual fee to watch their cards has been pretty reasonable monthly. I think at one point I paid $35 for the entire year. I was trying to look it up cause I know they got some investors early in but I remembered shaq investing in them. While I was googling it I saw that Triller actually bought a majority stake in BKFC which I had no idea about.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

The one thing that BKFC has going for it is that it is unique. Eagle FC is just MMA (maybe there are slight rule changes) and Gamebread is just boxing. Since that other bareknuckle promotion that wasn't paying their fighters disappeared, there's nothing like BKFC.

Having said that, the thing that makes them unique limits them, too. It's a tough watch IMO. Honestly, it's probably safer than MMA, but the optics of it are rough. I'll follow the storylines of the ex-MMA guys there, but I won't be watching....although Mike Perry KO'ing Rockhold is tempting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah I don't get it either and their annual fee to watch their cards has been pretty reasonable monthly. I think at one point I paid $35 for the entire year. I was trying to look it up cause I know they got some investors early in but I remembered shaq investing in them. While I was googling it I saw that Triller actually bought a majority stake in BKFC which I had no idea about.

I've streamed a bunch of their cards but haven't paid for any. Do they still have an annual fee option?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Back in 2021 when I first got into MMA and I found out about BKFC, thought it dumb and kinda nasty and didn't think I'd ever want to watch it. While I still don't really care too much about most of the events or anyone in the promotion, I do like watching it when I can, the fights are rarely boring.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Oh...and this card absolutely sucks. Yadong-Simon is a good fight and almost guaranteed fireworks, but the rest of the card is terrible. Probably won't bother with it at all and catch the main event the next day.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The actual BKFC product is good and probably more what North American combat fans are into.. even vs the UFC. Stand-up and guys punching each other, nothing or very on little on the ground.

In a different universe it was a version of BKFC that Zuffa bought 20+ years ago and something similar to that is what we see as the "UFC" today.

Reactions: MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad