Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Yair Rodríguez vs. Alex Caceres
Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez vs. Rony Jason
Middleweight bout: Thales Leites vs. Chris Camozzi
Welterweight bout: Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Zak Cummings
Middleweight bout: Trevor Smith vs. Joe Gigliotti
Women's Strawweight bout: Maryna Moroz vs. Danielle Taylor

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Court McGee vs. Dominique Steele
Heavyweight bout: Viktor Pešta vs. Marcin Tybura
Lightweight bout: David Teymur vs. Jason Novelli
Featherweight bout: Teruto Ishihara vs. Horacio Gutiérrez

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Heavyweight bout: Chase Sherman vs. Justin Ledet

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Not alot to get excited about imo.

With that being said, these are usually the cards that end up being the most entertaining :laugh:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
On paper, this wouldn't even be a good prelim of a Fight Pass only card.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I thought this was in September.. not bad, I suppose for some random show. Glad to see Court get a hometown fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know there have been other bad main events because fights fall apart, but this has to be the worst actually-scheduled main event ever right?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know there have been other bad main events because fights fall apart, but this has to be the worst actually-scheduled main event ever right?

Gotta be up there. Is this worse than that Marquardt/Te Huna main event? Both of those guys were old and coming off multiple losses.

I get putting Rodriguez in this spot because he's a top prospect and they want to use FS1 to push him but what's Caceres doing there? Should have been the co-main.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
It's not really main event quality but I'm pretty interested. Cacares looked really good in his last fight. (Did anyone expect him to last in the UFC at all after TUF?) Strange to see Cub on the early prelims.. he's had a few losses but they were to Edgar and Halloway, two of the top guys in the division.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Oddly enough, the best fight might be one on Fight Pass.

How the hell is that fight buried on a card like this? I get they want people to purchase FightPass, but goodness, that's blasphemy that it's likely most people won't see it.

And for the record, we're talking about the Sherman/Ledet fight, right? ;)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Gotta be up there. Is this worse than that Marquardt/Te Huna main event? Both of those guys were old and coming off multiple losses.

I get putting Rodriguez in this spot because he's a top prospect and they want to use FS1 to push him but what's Caceres doing there? Should have been the co-main.

You're right, Nate v Te Huna was worse. But at least that was a Fight Pass only card, so I'll tag this one as the worst Fox-related scheduled main event.

It's not really main event quality but I'm pretty interested. Cacares looked really good in his last fight. (Did anyone expect him to last in the UFC at all after TUF?) Strange to see Cub on the early prelims.. he's had a few losses but they were to Edgar and Halloway, two of the top guys in the division.

I think it will be a fun fight, but it's just really out of place as a main event.

How the hell is that fight buried on a card like this? I get they want people to purchase FightPass, but goodness, that's blasphemy that it's likely most people won't see it.

And for the record, we're talking about the Sherman/Ledet fight, right? ;)

Really strange with Cub/Kawajiri. I get wanting to pump up Fight Pass but Cub is probably the biggest name on the card.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
They've been putting huge fights on Fight Pass since January with Duffy/Poirer. There's a reason Cub is on it, and it's that reason - to build FP. Nobody is going to be there for his fight though and most will miss it. Shame. I get it, but shame

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Apparently this is blacked out on Fight Pass, at least in Canada. Lol.

Nevermind. I was doing something wrong.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Rodriguez should take the 5th and the fight 49-46. Might see a 48-47 card sneak in there, but should be a tidy UD.

Fun fight. The rest of the main card was.. not good.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Rodriguez should take the 5th and the fight 49-46. Might see a 48-47 card sneak in there, but should be a tidy UD.

Fun fight. The rest of the main card was.. not good.

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad