Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Heavyweight bout: Derrick Lewis vs. Mark Hunt
Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson vs. Dan Kelly
Lightweight bout: Dan Hooker vs. Ross Pearson
Light Heavyweight bout: Ion Cutelaba vs. Henrique da Silva
Flyweight bout: Tim Elliott vs. Ben Nguyen
Featherweight bout: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Mizuto Hirota

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Damien Brown vs. Vinc Pichel
Welterweight bout: Luke Jumeau vs. Dominique Steele
Flyweight bout: John Moraga vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
Welterweight bout: Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Zak Ottow

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: JJ Aldrich vs. Chan-Mi Jeon
Lightweight bout: Thibault Gouti vs. Dong Hyun Kim

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Can't believe Hunt is still a dog in this fight. He's just far too skilled to lose to Lewis IMO. I'm feeling another walk-off KO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can't believe Hunt is still a dog in this fight. He's just far too skilled to lose to Lewis IMO. I'm feeling another walk-off KO.

I'm picking Lewis to win this one. It's another HW toss up and he could be in trouble if Hunt can land some of those body shots but I think Lewis gets it done. I also want him to win because his post fight interview will be amazing, as usual.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

As he should be the underdog. He has 3 wins in his last 9 fights while Lewis has been rolling through guys. Hunt still can win this fight, but he's the underdog for sure.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm just not sold on Lewis I guess. And granted Hunt has lost a lot but his resume absolutely blows Lewis's out of the water. He arguably lost to Nelson and was hurt by the shell formerly known as Travis Browne. I have nothing against the guy but we're talking a K-1 champion versus a brawler. Might be eating some crow in here on Sunday. Haha.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm just not sold on Lewis I guess. And granted Hunt has lost a lot but his resume absolutely blows Lewis's out of the water. He arguably lost to Nelson and was hurt by the shell formerly known as Travis Browne. I have nothing against the guy but we're talking a K-1 champion versus a brawler. Might be eating some crow in here on Sunday. Haha.

Maybe his resume does, but most of the wins on his resume are from years ago. We're talking about a 43 year old guy at this point who wasn't very athletic at the best of times. It's HW so Hunt has a shot, but he's the underdog in this one.

I actually didn't even look at the odds for this fight, I am assuming Lewis is in at -150 to -200 at the most. If he's something like -300 or -400 that would be dumb.

Edit: just looked, Lewis is like -125 with Hunt at even odds. Those are just fine for this fight, those are actually pretty good for Lewis.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009

If I were I betting man, which I am...I would say you will be dude.
Lewis wants a shot at the belt and Hunt is long past that. Honestly I think it's going to be a pretty one sided affair.

Anyone know of any prospects to watch out for on this card? (Besides Volkanovski)

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Ben Nguyen is a pretty fun flyweight to watch

I mean yeah he's interesting.....but I definitely think he looked like he could be very vulnerable against better competition, chin looked a little suspect last fight. It's for sure one of the more interesting matchups of the night

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Excited to see Elliott, Hunt and Brunson in action. How Thibaut Gouti is still in UFC? He got his ass whooped under 20 seconds by Teemu Packalen from my country.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Excited to see Elliott, Hunt and Brunson in action. How Thibaut Gouti is still in UFC? He got his ass whooped under 20 seconds by Teemu Packalen from my country.

New management is fulfilling contracts instead of cutting guys after a loss or two. A bit of stability for the fighters, though it makes for some bad fighters deep on the roster.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Is the time/date accurate? Really 10pm EST on a Sunday night? That's what, 2pm Monday start time in australia?

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Is the time/date accurate? Really 10pm EST on a Sunday night? That's what, 2pm Monday start time in australia?
No, it's tonight. OP has fight time for North America EST, while the date is reflecting the actual date it's taking place on in Australia.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
can't believe Holm vs Correia is gonna be next week's main event lol this fight is just destined to suck badly. It's gonna 5 rounds of Holly Holm continuing to suck at being a lead striker and Correia awkwardly counter-striking Holm's low accuracy charges. Gonna be a weird striking bout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad