GDT: UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Markos might be the most inconsistent fighter ever. Hasn’t won two fights in a row since she started.

Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss

I threw 5 bucks on her to win like 16.50 just for shits and giggles because I think Dern is overrated and thus wasn’t sure about Ribas

never again

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
With 7 straight finish victories including a victory over Kevin Lee, I think you got to give Oliveira a #1 contender fight. He looked really good, and he’d be an interesting matchup against Khabib.

Reactions: Burkeocet

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With 7 straight finish victories including a victory over Kevin Lee, I think you got to give Oliveira a #1 contender fight. He looked really good, and he’d be an interesting matchup against Khabib.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves too much here. Much of that streak was against poor competition.

But yeah, a step up again would be nice. I like the Felder fight thrown around.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Let's not get ahead of ourselves too much here. Much of that streak was against poor competition.

I don’t know beating a talent like Lee the way he did shouldn’t go unnoticed. He outgrappled and outstuck him pretty decisively. I guess I kind of forget how deep 155 is sometimes though

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

If im not mistaken Moicano called out Felder at 155 lbs (obvs) too. He looked awfully fast against Hadzovic, he may have a speed advantage over these guys

I think Oliveira should get whoever comes out of the hangman-Poirier fight and the winner of that should get a title shot after Gaethje

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Markos might be the most inconsistent fighter ever. Hasn’t won two fights in a row since she started.

Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss
That is...in a way...consistent :laugh:

Any of those guys in the middle of the pack would be good fights. Ragin' Al, rematch with Felder, rematch with Cowboy. Maybe a rematch with Pettis since he should not stay at 170. Lee is a good win, but 155 is just so deep. One good one shouldn't shoot you to the top like it would at LHW or something like that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If im not mistaken Moicano called out Felder at 155 lbs (obvs) too. He looked awfully fast against Hadzovic, he may have a speed advantage over these guys

I think Oliveira should get whoever comes out of the hangman-Poirier fight and the winner of that should get a title shot after Gaethje

Why not Oliveira vs Gaethje in the summer?

Gaethje doesn't have the kind of resume that warrants sitting out until he gets a title shot

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why not Oliveira vs Gaethje in the summer?

Gaethje doesn't have the kind of resume that warrants sitting out until he gets a title shot

I wouldn’t mind Oliveira vs Gaethje this summer, would definitely be a bonus handed out there

I just think Gaethje has the best resume out of anybody after Tony So I figure he’s next

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also true, seems like that’s what they will make too

winner of that should get the title shot

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nobody likes wasting time talking about potential fights more than me but even I can't muster up the energy to do it right now with so many questions marks out there right now. Who knows when things will be back to normal.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wouldn’t mind Oliveira vs Gaethje this summer, would definitely be a bonus handed out there

I just think Gaethje has the best resume out of anybody after Tony So I figure he’s next

It may be the best resume after Tony's, but it's not good enough to warrant sitting out for a title shot

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Nobody likes wasting time talking about potential fights more than me but even I can't muster up the energy to do it right now with so many questions marks out there right now. Who knows when things will be back to normal.
But we need pointless discussion now more than ever :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad