GDT: UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Disappointing performance from Lee. Nice win for Oliveira.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
rip lee and walker careers in terms of actually being able to be champions

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Lee has such a great package of skills but seems to lack something mentally.

member 51464

Lee thinking, since nobody is watching, he can try some bullshit. The ref is still there, dummy.

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Good win, Oliveiera. I gave him a lot of shit for beating unranked guys and losing to ranked guys, but he looked good and that's a good win.
His striking is pretty dynamic and his bjj is fantastic. Could be a dark horse going forward.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lee thinking, since nobody is watching, he can try some bullshit. The ref is still there, dummy.

To be fair he might of briefly gone out and then woke back up and didn't know. The choke was pretty tight.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice submission by Oliveira. Careless takedown attempt by Lee as well after catching the leg.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice submission by Oliveira. Careless takedown attempt by Lee as well after catching the leg.

Great point. Lee had great defense against everything on the ground for two rounds and then got sloppy.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
His striking is pretty dynamic and his bjj is fantastic. Could be a dark horse going forward.
He's been in the UFC for 10 years, though. Until now, he's pretty much beat unranked guys and lost to ranked guys. Maybe this is a turning point, but I'm still skeptical.

Reactions: m9

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's been in the UFC for 10 years, though. Until now, he's pretty much beat unranked guys and lost to ranked guys. Maybe this is a turning point, but I'm still skeptical.
That's fair, but sometimes guys just need to go back to the drawing board and hone their craft on crappier opponents. It's rare but we've seen some guys like Lawler figure it out pretty late.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That's fair, but sometimes guys just need to go back to the drawing board and hone their craft on crappier opponents. It's rare but we've seen some guys like Lawler figure it out pretty late.
It's possible. He has all the skills and he's somehow still only 30, but one win against a guy who's struggled with consistency himself isn't enough for me to make that prediction.

Reactions: 1specter

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know it wasn't exactly the same, but no fans didn't really bother me too much.

I know some people won't be happy, but as a fan I'm hopeful they can continue running cards as safely as possible.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know it wasn't exactly the same, but no fans didn't really bother me too much.

I know some people won't be happy, but as a fan I'm hopeful they can continue running cards as safely as possible.

Same. No fans didn't bother me at all.

The UFC doesn't seem to care too much about the optics and outside noise so they'll probably try to keep going as long as they're not impacted by the travel ban and the UK government lets them hold the event in an empty arena. A fighter testing positive could change things but I don't believe they're even testing fighters for the virus and are just going by symptoms such as a high fever so it'll be hard to know for sure. If it's safe then bring on more fights.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

The empty arena wasn't as weird as I thought it was going to be. I still think Apex will be cooler and I still would rather have a crowd for Khabib-Tony, but it wasn't bad.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

I mean at this point I'll take the entertainment :laugh: been pretty rough with no hockey, basketball or boxing

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The empty arena wasn't as weird as I thought it was going to be. I still think Apex will be cooler and I still would rather have a crowd for Khabib-Tony, but it wasn't bad.

I'm curious what they'll do for that event if they're still putting on shows at that point. Do you postpone it because you'd miss out on a big gate or do you put it on the PPV with no gate with the hope that you'll get a huge buy rate since most people will be staying home and all other sports will likely still be suspended?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Kevin Lee reminds me of Woodley

What people have to remember is Lee is still only 27 years old

Woodley, who will be 38 next month, didn't put it all together to become champ until he was in his mid 30's

There's still plenty of time for Lee to figure things out, and live up to his potential

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kevin Lee reminds me of Woodley

What people have to remember is Lee is still only 27 years old

Woodley, who will be 38 next month, didn't put it all together to become champ until he was in his mid 30's

There's still plenty of time for Lee to figure things out, and live up to his potential

He either needs to bulk up or wait til 165 becomes a thing to be champ

I also think the weight cut impacted him today, he was told by a doctor to stop cutting....I think he depletes himself too often at 155. Didn’t look like he had much of a gas tank tonight

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Markos might be the most inconsistent fighter ever. Hasn’t won two fights in a row since she started.

Win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->