GDT: UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Allen/Bellator 287: Piccolotti vs. Barnaoui

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
There've been far too many main events that have ended due to injury this year.

Allen looked f***ing great prior to that, though. Looked much faster. Kattar's a dog and can do it for 5 rounds, though. Would have liked to see that play out.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know who deserves the next shot out of Yair/Emmett/Allen but I'll just say that I would rather see any of them fight Volk next (along with Islam/Dariush) than see Islam/Volk.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't know who deserves the next shot out of Yair/Emmett/Allen but I'll just say that I would rather see any of them fight Volk next (along with Islam/Dariush) than see Islam/Volk.
Also gotta wonder how Max fits in. Volk slammed the door shut on their rivalry, but Max is still probably favored against anybody else in the division (even if there is reason to think that he might be slipping).

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Also gotta wonder how Max fits in. Volk slammed the door shut on their rivalry, but Max is still probably favored against anybody else in the division (even if there is reason to think that he might be slipping).

True. I'm fine with him fighting Allen or Emmett.. or taking a fight at 155.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
True. I'm fine with him fighting Allen or Emmett.. or taking a fight at 155.
I'd probably do Emmett-Yair for the interim and Max-Allen....if Max is staying at 145 which he very well might not.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hall looked pretty good over a clearly overmatched Bell. Credit to Leveon though, he took some big shots and kept fighting.

Felt like Hall gassed a bit there. Looked a bit soft while Bell was probably in the best shape of his life.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Nice try Uriah :laugh:. If Jake keeps boxing, he's going to fight Nate.

Hall-Bell is how I expect Anderson-Paul to go. A higher level and different in style maybe, but it should look like a guy who's used to fighting vs. a guy that has learned some stuff, but isn't really a professional fighter.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Jake Paul just beat Anderson Silva decisively with Nate Diaz in the crowd begging to be next and Ariel Helwani handling the post fight interview. This is Dana White's ultimate nightmare.

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I feel like Anderson just messed around like he usually does. Paul did score a knockdown thought so I guess I have to begrudgingly give him some credit.

Biggest winner is Nate.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Competitive bout but they both actually looked worse than I was expecting. Silva's age really showed, and Paul's style is steroids and cocaine. As long as he keeps picking matchups wisely he'll have success. Gotta give them both credit though, it was a legitimate contest and that's really all I wanted to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad