Welterweight bout: Nicolo Solli vs. Bourama Camara
Middleweight bout: Steven Hill vs. Andrea Fusi​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That Bellator card is awful.

UFC card is low on names but I think is going to have some awesome fights.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I honestly don't know if I know 1 person on the Bellator card.

There are some recognizable names on the UFC card throughout, but Tim Means in a co-main? In 2022? Should be a good main event, though.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Outside of the main the two fights I'm looking forward to the most are Jacoby vs Roundtree and Dolidze vs Hawes. I think both of these could be very entertaining.

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly don't know if I know 1 person on the Bellator card.

There are some recognizable names on the UFC card throughout, but Tim Means in a co-main? In 2022? Should be a good main event, though.
If Piccolotti is your A-side that’s rough

Solid fighter, wouldn’t be close to being ranked in the ufc. Mid-prelim type

Edit: his opponent may be sneaky good- 3 of his 4 losses are Gamrot, Islam, and Kevin Lee. Hasn’t been finished. A million RNC’s on his record

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Allen can’t get the takedown, gets outboxed by Kattar 29-28 (or like Emmett wins a decision he shouldn’t :))

Edit: I’m an idiot and it’s 5 rounds Obvs, so 48-47 or 49-46

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Silva is a slight underdog

Yeah, Silva was favored for awhile but I think as things get closer and Silva talks about getting knocked down/knocked out in training people have gotten a bit scared.

I think a draw is a fairly likely outcome since it's 8 rounds, but as someone who hopes Silva wins I could see Jake Paul violently KO'ing him in the middle rounds. Really don't want to see it but Silva gets tired a bit earlier than you would think in some fights and those hands will come down and that mouth will open up a bit.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Looking like everyone made weight for Bellator and everyone except Joshua Weems made weight for UFC. Weems missed by 3.5lbs fight will proceed with 30% forfeiture. Weems took this fight on like 3 days notice they had to know chances were he'd miss weight. It's also his ufc debut.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If Anderson Silva loses to a YouTuber, my understanding of combat sports will be completely and irreversibly shattered. I don't care that he's almost 50.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, Silva was favored for awhile but I think as things get closer and Silva talks about getting knocked down/knocked out in training people have gotten a bit scared.

I think a draw is a fairly likely outcome since it's 8 rounds, but as someone who hopes Silva wins I could see Jake Paul violently KO'ing him in the middle rounds. Really don't want to see it but Silva gets tired a bit earlier than you would think in some fights and those hands will come down and that mouth will open up a bit.

I was looking at the odds and a draw being +1200 really jumped out at me considering how sketchy all these have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms and m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anderson is +316 to win by KO/TKO. I really want to take that.

Paul got rocked by a washed and non-striker in Woodley. That combined with being an Anderson fan is making it very tempting.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I kind of want to put money on Paul after watching Dan Hardy's breakdown of that fight. His boxing is extremely basic but at the end of the day it's a 25 year old with unlimited money who sent Tyron Woodley to the shadow realm and has unlimited time and opportunities to train and hire the best coaches vs. a 47 year old fighter with lots of miles and carrying lots of damage. The whole enterprise seems shady to me though so I'm going to be staying away from it in terms of bets.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I thought Hooper may have turned a corner in his last fight but this was pretty discouraging. They need to be really careful with him going forward.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why does it seem like Bellator has so many matchups of a guy ranked 1-3 in a division fighting some unranked or 9-10 ranked guy?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought Hooper may have turned a corner in his last fight but this was pretty discouraging. They need to be really careful with him going forward.

Yeah, he looked completely overmatched in there.

Arlovski just got run over as well.

I kind of want to put money on Paul after watching Dan Hardy's breakdown of that fight. His boxing is extremely basic but at the end of the day it's a 25 year old with unlimited money who sent Tyron Woodley to the shadow realm and has unlimited time and opportunities to train and hire the best coaches vs. a 47 year old fighter with lots of miles and carrying lots of damage. The whole enterprise seems shady to me though so I'm going to be staying away from it in terms of bets.

Yup. Been saying this since before the Askren fight. Young, athletic, and enough money to train as much as he wants. He's not a great boxer but he hits hard.

All that being said, I really hope Silva comes through tonight. I have my doubts, unfortunately.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Why does it seem like Bellator has so many matchups of a guy ranked 1-3 in a division fighting some unranked or 9-10 ranked guy?

Their match-making does seem a bit more random. I assume it's because they have less guys/less cards/less options. Plus their rankings are never great anyway. I actually don't mind it though, I've always thought the UFC is much too rigid with how they match ranked guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad