GDT: UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Allen/Bellator 287: Piccolotti vs. Barnaoui

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Competitive bout but they both actually looked worse than I was expecting. Silva's age really showed, and Paul's style is steroids and cocaine. As long as he keeps picking matchups wisely he'll have success. Gotta give them both credit though, it was a legitimate contest and that's really all I wanted to see.

People forget how finished Silva was when he left the UFC just because of one nice boxing win. It was an appropriate step up for Paul though, competitive but still a win.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Can't believe it.

Sure, I thought it was possible for Jake to KO him. He's a big strong guy. But he out boxed Anderson for 6 of 8 rounds.

It was pretty frustrating to watch as an Anderson fan. When he was aggressive, Jake didn't really know what to do but cover up. It's when he let Jake get comfortable and then setup some combinations of his own when he got in trouble. Don't know if it was fatigue/age for Anderson or what.

At least Nate will get a big pay day now.

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can't believe it.

Sure, I thought it was possible for Jake to KO him. He's a big strong guy. But he out boxed Anderson for 6 of 8 rounds.

It was pretty frustrating to watch as an Anderson fan. When he was aggressive, Jake didn't really know what to do but cover up. It's when he let Jake get comfortable and then setup some combinations of his own when he got in trouble. Don't know if it was fatigue/age for Anderson or what.

At least Nate will get a big pay day now.

Really not sure why you were so surprised here?

Silva had been getting tired in his last handful of ufc fights as well.

I think Paul probably knocks out Nate.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Silva clearly was the more skilled boxer but he also was taking entire rounds off. It looked to me like he emptied the tank heavily in round 5 and had an awesome round, did OK in round 6 but then had nothing left for 7 and 8. He's 47 years old. If this fight was 4 rounds he would have won easily.

I think Nate is going to rock Jake Paul's world.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cyborg looks like she’s had some work done
Natty or not?
81aeae4cb9b871f0f7e6cb77848076a1.jpg

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Silva clearly was the more skilled boxer but he also was taking entire rounds off. It looked to me like he emptied the tank heavily in round 5 and had an awesome round, did OK in round 6 but then had nothing left for 7 and 8. He's 47 years old. If this fight was 4 rounds he would have won easily.

I think Nate is going to rock Jake Paul's world.

Unfortunately, I think he might lose too. He’s pushing 40 and will be outweighed by 20+ lbs against Paul.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
When I was watching livish we all thought Silva won more rounds. But the sound was off and I'm out $10 bucks either way. :ha:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thought Silva did the better pure boxing tbh, Jake threw a lot and missed a ton and seemingly got credit for it. Kudos on the knockdown tho, that’s a feather in Jake Paul’s cap

Commentators and ref were f***in terrible, C-league stuff

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Unfortunately, I think he might lose too. He’s pushing 40 and will be outweighed by 20+ lbs against Paul.
Agreed, size difference will be significant and Nate has never had 1 punch KO power. He occasionally catches someone with MMA gloves on but I feel like he will lose this fight. Nate should push for 12 rounds if he’s not going to bulk up

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad