Light Heavyweight bout: Glover Teixeira vs. Ion Cuțelaba
Bantamweight bout: John Lineker vs. Cory Sandhagen
Lightweight bout: Roosevelt Roberts vs. Thomas Gifford

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN 5)

Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Takashi Sato
Heavyweight bout: Andrei Arlovski vs. Augusto Sakai
Women's Strawweight bout: Carla Esparza vs. Virna Jandiroba
Lightweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Mike Davis

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN 2, UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Jason Gonzalez
Women's Strawweight bout: Angela Hill vs. Jodie Esquibel
Welterweight bout: Court McGee vs. Dhiego Lima​

Last edited:
Reactions: td_ice

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope Jacare wins because I'd like to see him get a title shot before he calls it quits. Hermansson is no joke but I just can't picture him beating Jacare unless he's no longer the same fighter at his age.

Oliveira/Perry and Lineker/Sandhagen should be fun fights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Too bad the main event got wrecked, but still an interesting fight at 185lb.

Wacky fight order and weird flipping between the 3 ESPN channels but there's some decent fights all over this one. I don't know how you end up with Ben Saunders fighting a Japanese fighter making his UFC debut as the 'main event' on big ESPN but here we are.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I hope Greg Hardy gets his face punted in again. How he is a feature fight after his last fight is beyond me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope Greg Hardy gets his face punted in again. How he is a feature fight after his last fight is beyond me.

He's in the co-main again for the exact reason you mention in the first sentence. People know who he is and many want to see him lose. He didn't look like a UFC caliber fighter in his first fight so hopefully this will be the last time if he loses again.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
He's in the co-main again for the exact reason you mention in the first sentence. People know who he is and many want to see him lose. He didn't look like a UFC caliber fighter in his first fight so hopefully this will be the last time if he loses again.
He was winning his last fight before the illegal knee. At the start he definitely got the bigger shots on the feet. When it went to the ground, Crowder put him in a mounted crucifix and had a kimura IIRC and I thought that would be the end but really before Crowder got any good shots off Hardy rolled out of the position, which is really impressive. When they got back to the feet he didn't really get any good shots, but he still got more shots off than Crowder. If it had gone to decision at that point it would have been Unanimous for Hardy. Strikes, for instance, were 35-16 and Sig Strikes were 29-12.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He was winning his last fight before the illegal knee. At the start he definitely got the bigger shots on the feet. When it went to the ground, Crowder put him in a mounted crucifix and had a kimura IIRC and I thought that would be the end but really before Crowder got any good shots off Hardy rolled out of the position, which is really impressive. When they got back to the feet he didn't really get any good shots, but he still got more shots off than Crowder. If it had gone to decision at that point it would have been Unanimous for Hardy. Strikes, for instance, were 35-16 and Sig Strikes were 29-12.

His power and athleticism at that weight class is always going to stand out and we saw that early in the fight. He gassed very quickly though and while him surviving on the ground might be unexpected, I wouldn't call it all that impressive considering the competition. I thought the first fight showed he clearly needs more development time outside the UFC.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
His power and athleticism at that weight class is always going to stand out and we saw that early in the fight. He gassed very quickly though and while him surviving on the ground might be unexpected, I wouldn't call it all that impressive considering the competition. I thought the first fight showed he clearly needs more development time outside the UFC.
Powering out of a mounted crucifix when the other guy has a kimura is always going to be impressive.

But I agree, he was starting to gas towards the end of the fight. Naturally, football players have awful cardio.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Powering out of a mounted crucifix when the other guy has a kimura is always going to be impressive.

But I agree, he was starting to gas towards the end of the fight. Naturally, football players have awful cardio.

It's interesting though. People have claimed for a long time the "A level athletes" would dominate MMA. He's pretty much the closest thing we have gotten besides Brock in that respect or some of the lighter guys that came from the Olympics (Cejudo, Yoel).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice UFC debut for Sato. Those were some brutal elbows on the ground.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roberts is going to wreck this dude, isn't he?

edit: Not quite but that was a relatively easy 30-27. Gifford was tough but Roberts was in control for pretty much the entire fight.

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
It's interesting though. People have claimed for a long time the "A level athletes" would dominate MMA. He's pretty much the closest thing we have gotten besides Brock in that respect or some of the lighter guys that came from the Olympics (Cejudo, Yoel).
I think physically he could dominate anyone in the HW division, he's just not very good at MMA right now. He gassed, but also his punches don't so much come in combinations as spurts, and he has no ground game. He is still raw. I think he'll be good someday, but more as a gatekeeper than a belt winner. He started too late for that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That fight was everything I was hoping it'd be. I think Sandhagen takes it but it was close and could go either way.

Lineker was squeezing the blood out of his head to end it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That fight was everything I was hoping it'd be. I think Sandhagen takes it but it was close and could go either way.

Lineker was squeezing the blood out of his head to end it.

That was nuts. Hopefully he doesn't end up having an aneurysm

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good win for Glover after the rough start.

Oliveira/Perry time. Can't see this one being boring.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Cowboy is gonna wilt if Perry fights smart (But he won't). He has no cardio.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I seriously wouldn't fight that guy. Hardy vs Lesnar. Make it happen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This time Hardy crushes the can they put in front of him. Way too much speed and power compared to his opponent. That guy had nothing for him.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad