GDT: UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Hermansson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Solid card so far. Hardy's opponent sucked, but nice to see him get a win.

Perry v Oliviera was pretty fun. Thought Perry won rounds 2&3 pretty easily.

Nice comeback win for Glover. He looked terrible early on but fought through it.

Main event time.

Reactions: Avs_19

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I just don't see how Hermansson can win this. His game is like Jacares except Jacare is Jacare. Maybe he flash KO's him on the feet.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah that guy didn't want to fight at all.

Pretty sure that’s what they were hoping for. That’s fine on smaller shows and maybe even the early prelims but they have to give Hardy actual opponents at some point if he’s going to be in the co-main event.

Reactions: td_ice

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Pretty sure that’s what they were hoping for. That’s fine on smaller shows and maybe even the early prelims but they have to give Hardy actual opponents at some point if he’s going to be in the co-main event.

He should be on the prelims anyways. Rack up some wins. I am not sure why they think shoving him down our throats is a good idea. Are they TRYING to get people to boo him?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just don't see how Hermansson can win this. His game is like Jacares except Jacare is Jacare. Maybe he flash KO's him on the feet.

Jacare's chin isn't what it used to be, but I agree that Hermansson isn't really the guy to crack it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He should be on the prelims anyways. Rack up some wins. I am not sure why they think shoving him down our throats is a good idea. Are they TRYING to get people to boo him?

He's not in the co-main for you, he's there for casual fans who want to see him fight.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He's not in the co-main for you, he's there for casual fans who want to see him fight.

The whole idea of promoting the guy like that is ludicrous.

Hermansson doing fairly well for himself here.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great start for Hermansson. Came close to finishing in the first round and might’ve done it if he didn’t go for the submission. Up 20-18.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Two rounds in for Hermansson. Jacare looks terrible.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Big round for Jacare. He's down 29-28 but taking over the fight.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hermansson punches like a Rock'em Sock'em Robot. Just quick jabs.

member 51464

3-1. It will be interesting to see how Jacare looks in the 5th. He looked to be slowing down.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Big response for Hermansson after losing the third. Jacare needs a finish.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very impressive win for Hermansson. Jacare didn’t look great but credit to Hermansson for rocking him early and taking it to him. Weathered the storm in the third round and took the fight over once again.

Unfortunately, there likely goes any hope of Jacare getting a title shot in the UFC.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's 48-47 Hermansson.

Nice 5th round for Jacare, but what a great upset win for Hermansson. Jacare just looked terrible for long periods of the fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Very impressive win for Hermansson. Jacare didn’t look great but credit to Hermansson for rocking him early and taking it to him. Weathered the storm in the third round and took the fight over once again.

Unfortunately, there likely goes any hope of Jacare getting a title shot in the UFC.

I don't know how you can show up so listless like Jacare did. I don't know how many takedowns he attempted, but it wasn't enough. Looked like he didn't even bother with a gameplan and figured he would run through Hermansson.

member 51464

I don't know how you can show up so listless like Jacare did. I don't know how many takedowns he attempted, but it wasn't enough. Looked like he didn't even bother with a gameplan and figured he would run through Hermansson.
I almost think it was more realizing things just were not going to align for him to get a title shot and feeling the spirit drain out of him.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think Hermansson deserves some credit for how he fought but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Jacare thought this would be easy or maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. He didn't look very good from the start.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Poor Jacare. I guess it's not necessary the end, but it seemed like his final chance to fight for the UFC belt. Credit to Hermansson, though. He had non stop pressure and was able to avoid the big shots from Jacare. Jacare might not be what he used to be, but that's still an impressive win for him.

Awesome. Hardy smashed the can that didn't even want to be in there with him. Cool. Definitely worthy of a co-main event spot. I can't wait for the next one now.

Cowboy-Perry was a fun enough fight. I was laughing when Perry was dancing in the cage as Cowboy was dancing on his walk.

Glover is such a pro. He knew he was out matched physically, but still found a way to win. Not sure what that win really does for him or how many more he has in him, but good for him.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dana was pissed about Hardy's opponent and questioned who that guy was and how he was 9-2. Here's an idea. Don't put guys that the CEO doesn't even know in a co-main event spot.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Dana was pissed about Hardy's opponent and questioned who that guy was and how he was 9-2. Here's an idea. Don't put guys that the CEO doesn't even know in a co-main event spot.

they knew full-well how bad the guy is. The guy had 2 fights in the UFC before that and got knocked out by Cyril Asker, a heavyweight on the bottom on the division. He was handpicked to give Hardy a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad