GDT: UFC Fight Night: Jędrzejczyk vs. Waterson

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I think Kron should get that decision. Impressive toughness!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That fight was actually pretty close and hard to judge. Would have to watch it again to really see who landed the better, cleaner shots. Commentary heavily favoured Cub but I know the stats were pretty close. Anyway it was a good fight but Kron’s gameplan was pretty bad IMO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cub clearly won the fight but he took some unnecessary damage. Gracie is such a bad striker.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
That fight was actually pretty close and hard to judge. Would have to watch it again to really see who landed the better, cleaner shots. Commentary heavily favoured Cub but I know the stats were pretty close. Anyway it was a good fight but Kron’s gameplan was pretty bad IMO.

Don’t disagree with anything here, but I felt Kron’s forward pressure (or octagon control) was lopsided in his favour. 30-27 is just awful judging.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If I'm Waterson, I'd throw punches at Joanna's chest

Try to win via ruptured implant

member 51464

I know a lot of people see Joanna as a heel, but that "mom champ" banner was so damn corny I have to root against her now.

Like when gastelum claimed a belt that wasn't his. You don't get to call yourself a champ until you're a champ.

Reactions: Sheppy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Joanna is so much bigger in there. You can understand why Waterson didn't want any part of a catch weight.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Joanna is so much bigger in there. You can understand why Waterson didn't want any part of a catch weight.

I didn't realize she'd be this much stronger in the clinch. She's also just better.

member 51464

Kind of reminds me of when JJ fought Andrade a few years ago and out struck her like 900-5 but isn't strong enough to knock anyone with decent durability out, lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good win for Joanna. I guess she's next in line for Zhang if Saurez is still injured.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The UFC should be ashamed of themselves for having this fight headline a show

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That went about as expected. I like Waterson and I know she's the Karate Hottie, but her striking isn't that good. She throws kicks with no set up, has no power, and is giving up reach to just about everyone. She's tough and actually has a good ground game, but it's not a next level ground game either.

It wouldn't be outrageous if JJ got the title shot after dominating the division minus vs. Rose for so long, it might even make sense, but I hope it's Suarez.

Much needed win for Cub, but how do you gas out after 1 round? He dominated that round and then all of a sudden was just standing in the middle trading with Kron for no reason.

Nasty up kick from Price! Holy hell. I don't know that I've ever seen a up kick KO. Vick should really retire. He looks scared half the time and is getting KO'ed brutally way too often. However much money he is making is not enough.

Last edited:

member 51464

That went about as expected. I like Waterson and I know she's the Karate Hottie, but her striking isn't that good. She throws kicks with no set up, has no power, and is giving up reach to just about everyone. She's tough and actually has a good ground game, but it's not a next level ground game either.

It wouldn't be outrageous if JJ got the title shot after dominating the division minus vs. Rose for so long, it might even make sense, but I hope it's Suarez.

Much needed win for Cub, but how do you gas out after 1 round? He dominated that round and then all of a sudden was just standing in the middle trading with Kron for no reason.

Nasty up kick from Price! Holy hell. I don't know that I've ever seen a up kick KO. Vick should really tired. He looks scared half the time and is getting KO'ed brutally way too often. However much money he is making is not enough.
No joke. 3 brutal finishes of him on the end of the knockout highlight reel only broken up by a unanimous decision loss to Paul Felder of all people. Vick is 32 and not seeming to get any better. I know I shit on the guy for seeming like a massive tool, but he is going to be a potato before he hits 35 at this rate. Unless Till gets embarrassed by Gastelum, nobody else is really close to so many poor showings in a row lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad