GDT: UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was pure domination

maybe the most dominant performance in a title fight I’ve seen?? There have been quicker knockouts and finishes of course but he dropped him, what? 3 times? then strangled him unconscious

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was an amazing performance.

Similar to Yan last week where when you have a vacant title you want a guy to actually win the belt with a statement fight. That was a statement.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I dont know why Gastelum wasn't more worried about leaving his leg in there a second time? Maybe because he already escaped it the first time.

Yeah that must have been it. Bizarre choice by him to say the least. Not like he’s dealing with a white belt down there

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was pure domination

maybe the most dominant performance in a title fight I’ve seen?? There have been quicker knockouts and finishes of course but he dropped, what? 3 times? then strangled him unconscious

Looked like the first round of an Edgar/Maynard title fight.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Figueroa looked great. There arnt many exciting fights for him at Flyweight tho. I’d be interested to see how he does against some of the top Bantamweights

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Wow, really? Maybe if it's a knockout or impressive beatdown. Till's only win at the weight was over Kelvin. It was pretty close and may have only been a split decision. And now Kelvin just looks like a bum, lol.

I feel like Till is at least two solid wins away. Guess we'll see!
If he beats Whittaker, that would be 2 wins against guys that just fought for the title in their last fight. He's good on the mic. The UK is a big market without any champs at the moment. And there's not really anyone else at the moment. Cannonier is a f***ing monster, but he's not really a big name and his best win is against Hermansson which would be over a year ago by the time the winner of Stylebender-Costa would be ready to go again.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Nice to finish a card by 11:00 EST. I know there's the rest of the country and world and all, but main cards starting at 10:00 is brutal. There's a reason all the other major sports start their national games at 8:00 or 8:30.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
a shame Horiguchi and Mighty Mouse are outside the UFC. I only want to see him fight those 2.

I could definitely see Perez and Askarov beating him, can't wait to back either of them vs him in a title fight.

member 51464

That was pure domination

maybe the most dominant performance in a title fight I’ve seen?? There have been quicker knockouts and finishes of course but he dropped, what? 3 times? then strangled him unconscious
Usman over Woodley, I think, is still the all-time most dominant. Woodley may have had less offense than the loser tonight, lol.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If he beats Whittaker, that would be 2 wins against guys that just fought for the title in their last fight. He's good on the mic. The UK is a big market without any champs at the moment. And there's not really anyone else at the moment. Cannonier is a f***ing monster, but he's not really a big name and his best win is against Hermansson which would be over a year ago by the time the winner of Stylebender-Costa would be ready to go again.
I think Cannonier is the best middleweight in the world. Id put money on him to beat Israel.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Usman over Woodley, I think, is still the all-time most dominant. Woodley may have had less offense than the loser tonight, lol.

that was pure domination and would be my 5 round example

this was another level tho imo. Could’ve finished him like 6 times in 4 minutes

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not even close. Figueiredo just conceivably put up a 10-7 round before an emphatic finish.

Seriously wtf is with you people and Usman.

In fairness to him I’m pretty sure he shattered the All time body shot record In a fight by a large margin and reduced a guy that was thought of as possibly the #2 WW ever to a puddle. He landed over 300 strikes (half of which were significant) and had 18 minutes of control. Two takedowns against a guy with elite takedown defense. It might be my 2nd answer

But like you said this was a 10-7 before Benavidez got strangled unconscious and looked dead. This takes the cake for me. Never seen such a thorough demolition. May be the most lopsided round in history. Deivison was making Benavidez look like Cruz in the garbrandt fight whenever Joe would throw too

Last edited:
Reactions: member 51464

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would say the most controlling title fight. Maybe it's my faulty memory but I don't remember him really threatening or hurting Woodley in that fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would say the most controlling title fight. Maybe it's my faulty memory but I don't remember him really threatening or hurting Woodley in that fight.

there was never a time where a stoppage was imminent, it was just thoroughly dominant

might’ve been a handful of near stoppages before the final choke in this one round alone tonight

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
In fairness to him I’m pretty sure he shattered the All time body shot record In a fight by a large margin and reduced a guy that was thought of as possibly the #2 WW ever to a puddle. He landed over 300 strikes (half of which were significant) and had 18 minutes of control. Two takedowns against a guy with elite takedown defense. It might be my 2nd answer

But like you said this was a 10-7 before Benavidez got strangled unconscious and looked dead. This takes the cake for me. Never seen such a thorough demolition. May be the most lopsided round in history. Deivison was making Benavidez look like Cruz in the garbrandt fight whenever Joe would throw too
This is for sure the most lopsided round I've ever seen live, probably ever, and definitely in a title fight. It's not even close. What Usman did to Woodley was impressive, but this was kind of uncomfortable to watch. 3 knockdowns, multiple deep submission attempts, and then chocked unconscious. Like seriously what more could he have done?

member 51464

Not even close. Figueiredo just conceivably put up a 10-7 round before an emphatic finish.

Seriously wtf is with you people and Usman.
What is that supposed to mean? the subject was most dominant performance in a title fight and the obvious response before this one was the one I brought up.

Reactions: h2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
there was never a time where a stoppage was imminent, it was just thoroughly dominant

might’ve been a handful of near stoppages before the final choke in this one round alone tonight
Probably like 4-5 times in that first round it was almost finished

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is for sure the most lopsided round I've ever seen live, probably ever, and definitely in a title fight. It's not even close. What Usman did to Woodley was impressive, but this was kind of uncomfortable to watch. 3 knockdowns, multiple deep submission attempts, and then chocked unconscious. Like seriously what more could he have done?

literally nothing

like I said on page one he cracks for 125, wouldn’t shock me to see him going for bantamweight gold in a year to try and be champ-champ

they’re desperate for a male Brazilian star. If costa wins it will be him but if he doesn’t that slot is wide open for Figueiredo. I’ve never seen him have a boring fight

Reactions: member 51464

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FOTN was Diakiese vs Fiziev

POTN was Lipski and obviously Figueiredo

*official, not my opinion*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad