GDT: UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I had 30-26 too. He sure is, pretty good on the mic after too. Seems to have some charisma. Could be looking at a future star
I liked how he said he wants to be a “company” man.

One thing I wish I could do is mute commentary on my tv and just hear the fight. I like scoring the fights with commentary muted so I’m not swayed by anything they say.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So you agree that Jackson should of scored something for all the successful defences.
You don't score for defense:

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA:
Effective Striking/Grappling

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round.

member 51464

Man, he looks like a beaten puppy. That was awkward how he is like frozen. sheesh

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So judging by that, he had very few successful takedowns, using the criteria, and in a whole on the ground if the fight was judges for the whole 15 minutes, the other fighter was better on the ground.

P sure he got credited with 8 takedowns

fight isn’t judged on the whole unfortunately and Johns was better in the last two rounds w the grappling. I wish it was scored on the whole....Max would be champ if that’s the case

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
P sure he got credited with 8 takedowns

fight isn’t judged on the whole unfortunately and Johns was better in the last two rounds w the grappling. I wish it was scored on the whole....Max would be champ if that’s the case
And on atleast half of those "takedowns" jackson got up almost instantly.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And on atleast half of those "takedowns" jackson got up almost instantly.

well the other half he didn’t and then he spent pretty much the entire last two rounds defending possible submissions w/ his wrist control

I’ll repeat what I asked prior- if Jackson deserves credit for defense then how could you say Johns did nothing? What was Jackson defending?

Lastly control time was 8:42 for Johns compared to 2:41 for Jackson. Therein lies the reason for the result. I’ll never argue with you that it’s not boring, but it was effective

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So judging by that, he had very few successful takedowns, using the criteria, and in a whole on the ground if the fight was judges for the whole 15 minutes, the other fighter was better on the ground.
Well, fights aren't judged for the whole 15 minutes. They are judged round-by-round.

I'm not really arguing who, though. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention. I'm just pointing out how the fights are scored...or supposed to be scored at least.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
askarov is killingit, tied at worst pantoja looks defeated

what a night

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
These boys be TIRED

this is why I have respect for grappling. Can be boring as hell sometimes but god damn is it exhausting when somebody doesn’t give you space to breathe

could be 2-0 or 1-1 imo

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
askarov won for sure

Im throwing my laptop if they give that to Pantoja

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I keep saying it this division is between Perez and Askarov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad