GDT: UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
seriously that was lame
25 to 10 for sig strikes for Jackson.
8 to 2 for takedowns for johns.
ground control was even.

jackson could go rest and fight on the main card, not even the slightest damage on him.

If you’re gonna grind him against the cage atleast do anything

all these “takedowns” where the other guy gets up instantly should actually score the guy getting up points for his good defense

Reactions: ZDH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eh, looked like he was attempting submissions to me

I get that it’s not an exciting style though

Johns is a good fighter...doesn’t really lose a whole lot. Munhoz and Sterling got the better of him...that ain’t bad. I commend him going in there and doing what he had to on a guy with a pretty significant size advantage. He’s not gonna stand and bang with the guy, that would be dumb

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Eh, looked like he was attempting submissions to me

I get that it’s not an exciting style though

Johns is a good fighter...doesn’t really lose a whole lot. Munhoz and Sterling got the better of him...that ain’t bad. I commend him going in there and doing what he had to on a guy with a pretty significant size advantage. He’s not gonna stand and bang with the guy, that would be dumb
He attempted one submission, the rest of the fight his wrists were controlled, he wasn’t trying shit besides trying to not get hit again.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He attempted one submission, the rest of the fight his wrists were controlled, he wasn’t trying shit besides trying to not get hit again.

I saw a guillotine and I saw him try and take the back. He dictated the pace of the entire final two rounds and pretty clearly won them imo. Again, not exciting- but this is the scoring system we have. It was the only way he was going to win

sick guillotine from Alvarez

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I saw a guillotine and I saw him try and take the back. He dictated the pace of the entire final two rounds and pretty clearly won them imo. Again, not exciting- but this is the scoring system we have

sick guillotine from Alvarez
Holding onto a leg and having it successfully defended for 2 rounds isn’t controlling anything.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Holding onto a leg and having it successfully defended for 2 rounds isn’t controlling anything.

Well the judges and I unanimously disagree that is what happened, I guess *shrug*

Defense is a part of fighting and Jackson himself barely did anything the final two rounds because he was too busy trying not to be controlled. Sorry the guy who was never gonna stand and bang with him didn’t stand and bang with him, that’s how Brett Johns fights though and it usually works pretty well for him

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Well the judges and I unanimously disagree that is what happened, I guess *shrug*

Defense is a part of fighting and Jackson himself barely did anything the final two rounds because he was too busy trying not to be controlled. Sorry the guy who was never gonna stand and bang with him didn’t stand and bang with him, that’s how Brett Johns fights though and it usually works pretty well for him
So you agree that Jackson should of scored something for all the successful defences.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So you agree that Jackson should of scored something for all the successful defences.

sure but Johns had good defense too and he was actually controlling those final two rounds.

if Jackson was controlling those rounds that you Apparently think he was then the fight would’ve been a stand and bang festival

oh well he couldnt. He lost, pretty clearly imo. Was a unanimous decision for a reason. Don’t be mad at Johns, be mad at the scoring system for valuing something that you don’t value as highly

btw if Johns wasn’t doing anything then what was Jackson defending against exactly?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dawson is kind of a monster

He’s a 1 pitch pitcher but that pitch is a 109 mph fastball

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Give me Dawson vs Thug Nasty

Dawson is definitely not gonna be a FW for long

This is a clone of the thug nasty-Rosa fight

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Narimani has that black belt pride

Goes to show how much of a beast Dawson is though, he just ragdolled a black belt

Reactions: ZDH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad