GDT: UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs. Muhammad

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great fight and performance by Anders so far. Then an incredibly dumb knee to a downed opponent. Anders showed poor fight IQ with the repeated takedown attempts and then caps it off with the knee.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd have to see the replay but could've sworn there was another illegal knee few seconds earlier.

Reactions: member 51464

member 51464

Chase Sherman is the one true vanilla gorilla

Yahya doing Yahya things
I admit I thought "damn, this guy looks different every time I see him fight. haha."

They shouldn't allow two fighters with the same nickname.

Reactions: CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd have to see the replay but could've sworn there was another illegal knee few seconds earlier.

He tried but it missed.

Easy fix is to make knees on the ground legal. Then there’s no confusion or grey area from state to state.

Reactions: darko

member 51464

He tried but it missed.

Easy fix is to make knees on the ground legal. Then there’s no confusion or grey area from state to state.
I don't think any place allows a knee to the head if a knee is down. Neither this week nor last week's strikes have ever been legal anywhere in modern UFC as long as I know.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Not yet, no.

But no need to feel bad for him. He's barely fought the last two years and doesn't have any wins vs the current top tier of the division. He hasn't done anything to deserve a title shot to this point.

RDA was considered a really good win at the time though, and Usman beat all the other top guys recently. But I'm glad the Masvidal rematch is not official.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think any place allows a knee to the head if a knee is down. Neither this week nor last week's strikes have ever been legal anywhere in modern UFC as long as I know.

They were both definitely illegal everywhere. Some states have weird rules about hands on the ground and stuff. You also won’t have fighters playing that game if it’s legal to get kneed in that situation. I don’t think it’s any more dangerous than knees to a non-grounded fighter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad