Lightweight bout: Nasrat Haqparast vs. Rafa García
Women’s Flyweight bout: Cortney Casey vs. JJ Aldrich
Women’s Strawweight bout: Jinh Yu Frey vs. Gloria de Paula
Welterweight bout: Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jason Witt​

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ige vs Tucker is the sneaky great one. May not be the most exciting but it will be high level

good to see Nicolau back in the UFC. Kape with a quick turnaround taking the fight on short notice. Love to see that

that Rafa García guy looks interesting for a last second fill in. Young, undefeated Mexican 26 year old with a couple wins over former UFC competitors- I’m going to be very interested in seeing where that betting line ends up

Cirkunov vs Spann will be action

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
One of these rare cards that I won't be around for, will have to catch it on a replay or something.

Don't see anything too appetizing on the prelims, though Haqparast is usually fun.

I like Edwards in the main event, he's just a bit too quick for Muhammed. Belal is tough as hell but I think his limit is as a fringe ranked guy unless he really develops his game.

Spann/Cirkunov is solid, and as @CDJ mentioned Tucker/Ige is worth looking out for. I actually think this one will be really excting - Tucker always brings it and Ige is really tough.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Martinez could be a player at 135 too, it’s a tough division though so he’s got his work cut out for him

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I worry about ring rust for Leon. It's been almost a year and a half since he's fought.

I think it's a pretty nice fight night card. Ige is fun, Kape, Nicolau and Hill and Jourdain on the prelims is pretty good.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Sorry, but this card sucks. It's a bunch of unknowns (to me anyway), gatekeeper types, and Edwards who's usually boring. This card was made for one reason and one reason only and that was to see if Chimaev would live up to the hype. Without him, this card falls in the "If there is a UFC card but nobody watches it, did it really happen?" category for me.

I think the main card does start at 8:00pm EST, so I might try to tune in to root against Edwards, but I fully expect Edwards to play it safe, win a unanimous decision, and then demand a title shot for beating the #13 ranked guy in the division.

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah not a great card by any stretch- I prefer last weeks early prelims/prelims to this card

but they did all make weight! So that’s nice!

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
My gut was telling me this main event just had the feeling of what's supposed to be a formality for the title contender where they get upset. A 20 month layoff is no joke. Then I dug a little deeper and saw Belal hasn't finished someone in 4.5 years. I still have the gut feeling but based on that it sure seems unlikely.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My gut was telling me this main event just had the feeling of what's supposed to be a formality for the title contender where they get upset. A 20 month layoff is no joke. Then I dug a little deeper and saw Belal hasn't finished someone in 4.5 years. I still have the gut feeling but based on that it sure seems unlikely.

I could see Edwards taking a round or two to get going. But after that he can get in and out of range so quick compared to a plodder like Belal. It's been so long that I forgot about how good Edwards looked v RDA, his footwork is great and moves like a guy 20lbs lighter.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Is the Usman-Masvidal rematch confirmed? If so I feel bad for Edwards, even if he wins tonight he'd probably need another one.

Not a great card on paper but there are two fighters who are personal faves (Tucker and Hill), so I have that to look forward to at least.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Is the Usman-Masvidal rematch confirmed? If so I feel bad for Edwards, even if he wins tonight he'd probably need another one.

Not a great card on paper but there are two fighters who are personal faves (Tucker and Hill), so I have that to look forward to at least.

Not yet, no.

But no need to feel bad for him. He's barely fought the last two years and doesn't have any wins vs the current top tier of the division. He hasn't done anything to deserve a title shot to this point.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Edwards' best win is RDA who's own resume at WW isn't so great. The Luque win is aging nicely, but still, Edwards' streak is quantity over quality. Should have taken the Wonderboy fight.

member 51464

Hoping for a Vanilla Gorilla win in the prelims. I just love the nickname, haha.

Edit: Vanilla Gorillas are endangered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad