Welterweight bout: Orion Cosce vs. Gilbert Urbina
Heavyweight bout: Ilir Latifi vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
Lightweight bout: Chase Hooper vs. Nick Fiore
Women's Flyweight bout: Natalia Silva vs. Victoria Leonardo
Welterweight bout: Takashi Sato vs. Themba Gorimbo​

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's funny, I was just thinking the other day what Ilir Latifi was up to and just assumed he had retired. And here he is fighting on a UFC fight night prelim.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Fairly certain he basically did retire in the postfight of his last one…I guess not!
No you're absolutely right, I thought he was done too becuase he said he was getting older, had an injury, and had fought out his deal so he didn't know if he would fight again. Surprised he decided to come back for this, relitively low reward fight early on a fight night prelim against a lack luster opponent who should beat him.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not even a fighter on the card I care about... sometimes you'll get nothing but it'll be like so and so is a good prospect we get to see him or a big name fighting someone they should walk through. Nothing at all here for me lol.
Dern has a lot of IG followers (for some reason, but I'm just guessing....), Edman still has the Ronda and next big thing rub, Buckley's a big talker, Ferreira-Johnson is 2 formerly ranked guys....

The best I could come up with on how the UFC justifies this card. The truth is probably more that they just don't care and it helps them fulfill their quota on events.

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What am I missing about Dern? I just don't understand why the UFC continues to slot her at the top of cards as if she's some sort of star

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hill
Hernandez
Godinez
Fialho
Slava Claus
Johnson
KK
Urbina
Nascimento
Hooper
Silva
Gorimbo

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dern isn't main eventing if she wasn't a smoke show, but if she gets it to the ground, she's fun to watch. She's legit and she goes for it. The problem is that the only thing worse than her striking is her takedowns. So if she can't get it to the ground, the fight is going to suck. She's basically Damien Maia....but super hot.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Dern wasn't even supposed to be main-eventing this one - this fight was buried a few fights down on the card from last week but got moved to this slot because of Aldana.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dern wasn't even supposed to be main-eventing this one - this fight was buried a few fights down on the card from last week but got moved to this slot because of Aldana.
True, but 1) the card she pulled from was on ABC, not just some random Fight Night 2) She's fought on ABC and big ESPN before 3) She's on a lot of PPV main cards as well and 4) She's headlined a few other Fight Nights before this one.

She definitely gets better card placement than any other WMMA fighter outside of the champs, Holm, Tate, maybe Andrade.

Reactions: Taytro and m9

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I’m actually looking forward to the main event. Dern obviously has sick BJJ and her striking isn’t good but at least it’s aggressive. Hill’s one of my favorite wmma fighters, her striking really good and she’s scrappy, just hard to have power at that weight. She’s also notorious for losing split decisions, her record should probably be better.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I’m actually looking forward to the main event. Dern obviously has sick BJJ and her striking isn’t good but at least it’s aggressive. Hill’s one of my favorite wmma fighters, her striking really good and she’s scrappy, just hard to have power at that weight. She’s also notorious for losing split decisions, her record should probably be better.
100% agree, one of the more personable people in WMMA. If she uses her brain she can win this fight but if she falls into the trap of letting Dern charge her and get to a clinch or takedown position, then I don't know how long Hill survives on the ground.

Edit: Oh my god these mobile ads suck.

Reactions: 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Natalia Silva looks like a problem. She has some losses on her record but she was YOUNG and now she looks like a killer at 26

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad