GDT: UFC Fight Night: Costa vs. Vettori

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of Vettori, but I was really impressed with him this week. Costa is a beast, and a fight at 205 is a big advantage for him vs any 185er, and we saw that in the cage as Costa was absolutely massive. Sounded like Vettori made every concession here no questions asked. Gotta respect that.

And my God he's tough. He walked right through some absolutely HUGE shots. Guy's durability is unbelievable.

The problem for him, as good as he is, is he's not elite anywhere. He can't put top guys on their back, he doesn't have massive power, and he doesn't really utilize kicks. So you're looking at being perfect with your boxing for 25 minutes. That's tough.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of Vettori, but I was really impressed with him this week. Costa is a beast, and a fight at 205 is a big advantage for him vs any 185er, and we saw that in the cage as Costa was absolutely massive. Sounded like Vettori made every concession here no questions asked. Gotta respect that.

And my God he's tough. He walked right through some absolutely HUGE shots. Guy's durability is unbelievable.

The problem for him, as good as he is, is he's not elite anywhere. He can't put top guys on their back, he doesn't have massive power, and he doesn't really utilize kicks. So you're looking at being perfect with your boxing for 25 minutes. That's tough.

I was rooting for him against Izzy but his whole attitude and demeanor after the fight thinking he actually won that was just insulting lol take the L and show some class. I think a lot of that stuff rubbed people the wrong way.

This past week definitely changed a lot of peoples opinion on him. He pretty much saved the card and showed some brass balls and handled it all perfectly.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad