Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
Lightweight bout: Grant Dawson vs. Rick Glenn
Women's Bantamweight bout: Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
Featherweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi
Welterweight bout: Dwight Grant vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Light Heavyweight bout: Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Middleweight bout: Jun Yong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues
Lightweight bout: David Onama vs. Mason Jones
Women's Strawweight bout: Tabatha Ricci vs. Maria de Oliveira Neta
Middleweight bout: Jamie Pickett vs. Laureano Staropoli
Lightweight bout: Khama Worthy vs. Jai Herbert
Flyweight bout: Jeff Molina vs. Daniel Lacerda
Women's Strawweight bout: Lívia Renata Souza vs. Randa Markos
Bantamweight bout: Jonathan Martinez vs. Zviad Lazishvili​

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Has Dana spoken publicly about this yet? He's either going to tear Costa a new asshole or there is something going on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of yet.

But yeah, this whole ordeal has made a shitty card even shitter.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I hope Felder goes in on Costa during the broadcast. Rip him to shreds and hopefully the company boots costa out the door

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't think the UFC will or should release him. That sends a message that if you want out of your contract, just blow your weight cut. Just force him to move to 205. It's probably where he should be anyway. If you want to give him tough matchups and shitty card placement on top of that, so be it.

member 51464

Galaxy brain take: Costa knows he can't make 185 without IVs and didn't even attempt to cut. He has planned to fight at 205 all along and plans to simply physically dominate Vettori and call for a top 205er fight. He simply can't cope with what Israel did to him and hopes to follow in the well trod steps of other blown up 185ers that found success at 205.

Also I'm at the airport and bored. Lol

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
What Izzy did to Costa I do not think he's fully recovered mentally. His unwillingness to make weight and then to suggest fighting at 195 to then fighting at 205 tells me he is not putting the work in and is still fighting the demons of getting destroyed.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Well....he did it guys.

He even came in under weight. Ya know, just to stick it to the critics.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I think Vettori wins by decision or gets a late finish, hopefully he’s getting a substantial chunk of Costa’s pay too.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I just watched a Costa interview with Megan Olivi and he keeps saying the only contract he signed was at 205. He says he never signed a contract for 195 or 185. I don't really understand that.

I was listening to the MMA Fighting podcast crew earlier and they were throwing around the idea that this might just have been Costa and his team's plan all along. He basically gives up 20% of his purse to have his first fight at light heavyweight vs a middleweight.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The Brett Okamoto interview with Costa and Vettori is simultaneously one of the funniest and most frustrating interviews I've ever seen. Watching Costa blame everyone else for this fight not being at middleweight is absolutely hilarious.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I love how Adesanya called these two the juice boys or something along those lines, when he's the one that had overwhelming gyno appear out of nowhere. Should be a good fight, I'm hoping for a slug fest which would inevitably end in a KO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad