GDT: UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Damir didn't do a thing that round.
Got mount and landed a couple shots, did a little more work on his feet imo

Just saying it’s not a clear cut round given how things are scored these days. 2 was clearly Arman, so far 3 is also clearly Arman. Looks like he’ll cruise to an impressive win

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Now that I've seen Ismagulov....not impressed. Good TDD and good job getting up when he did get taken down, but Arman slowly wore him down. Takedowns and control became much easier. Don't think there was much of a difference on the feet either.

Arman 30-27.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
30-27 or 29-28 for Arman.

Not the most entertaining fight and one where I was hoping to see a bit more from Arman, even after all of that control and being the clear winner.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Tsarukyan just too strong. Ismagulov's wrestling defense actually held up pretty well early but he faded as the fight went on.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Now that I've seen Ismagulov....not impressed. Good TDD and good job getting up when he did get taken down, but Arman slowly wore him down. Takedowns and control became much easier. Don't think there was much of a difference on the feet either.

Arman 30-27.

Ismagulov's going to struggle against elite wrestlers but he's still quite good. Tsarukyan is going to be able to do that to alot of guys

I'd like to see Ismagulov fight down coming off a loss against someone like Dober next.

Hopefully Tsarukyan can get a nice step next.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Strickland striking with his chin straight up in the air again.

He better get on that wrestling or it might be a repeat of last time. Can't do that against Cannonier.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ismagulov's going to struggle against elite wrestlers but he's still quite good. Tsarukyan is going to be able to do that to alot of guys

I'd like to see Ismagulov fight down coming off a loss against someone like Dober next.

Hopefully Tsarukyan can get a nice step next.
Like I said earlier this week, I'm skeptical. The way people talked about him, I was expecting him to light Arman up on the feet or something. I didn't see it. At best, it was even. And like I said, he's gonna be 32 in a couple of months.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Like I said earlier this week, I'm skeptical. The way people talked about him, I was expecting him to light Arman up on the feet or something. I didn't see it. At best, it was even. And like I said, he's gonna be 32 in a couple of months.

He throws good jabs & is very technically sound, which some analysts (ie, Luke Thomas and others) love and overrate a bit. Tsarukyan was like - 200 so I think most people knew he had a big wrestling advantage.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hard fight to score, Strickland is landing more but always moving backwards. Cannonier is always moving forward and feignting but very rarely landing anything. No idea how it would be scored through 3.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Cannonier went away from the leg kicks. Strickland does a good job of moving out of the danger zone. Cannonier should have stuck with the leg kicks to take that mobility away. Then maybe he'd be there for 1 of these big power shots. As is? Really close. Who knows?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have it 4-1 Cannonier.

Scores might be all over the place though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad