Welterweight bout: Bryan Battle vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
Flyweight bout: David Dvorak vs. Manel Kape
Bantamweight bout: Sergey Morozov vs. Journey Newson​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Two huge fights at the top, really looking forward to those ones.

I kind of like pretty much the entire card though. Nothing amazing but just some fun fights and some interesting names.

Trying to navigate this card with some decent NFL games plus hockey on a Saturday will be fun.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not a big believer in Strickland. Other than his personality, whether it's actually him or just a character, he's entirely unremarkable to me. He's not a bad fighter by any means, I just don't think he can hang with the top of the division.

I know Luke Thomas among others have talked highly of Ismagulov. I honestly don't know if I have ever watched him fight. I will say, his record is very suspect. Mostly against fellow Russians without Wikipedia pages. Only 5 fights in the UFC, 3 of which also don't have Wikipedia pages, and all by decision. I guess we'll see because I have seen Tsarukyan and he is the real deal. I don't know if he's a future champ, but he's very good.

Dober-Green should be fun.

A couple of other names, but not much else here for me.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know Luke Thomas among others have talked highly of Ismagulov. I honestly don't know if I have ever watched him fight. I will say, his record is very suspect.

It's really not suspect at all to me. Alvarez & Moises are both very good wins against top25 lightweights.

The rest is a bit more MMA-Math to me but it's a pretty decent case. These three fights are basically as even fights as you'll see in the UFC:

Gamrot/Tsarukyan
Gamrot/Kutateladze
Kutateladze/Ismagulov

These four guys are all in the exact same tier based on what we've seen. They've all cleaned up the next tier down of unranked guys in the top 30 155ers in the world and have had incredibly even fights.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not a big believer in Strickland. Other than his personality, whether it's actually him or just a character, he's entirely unremarkable to me. He's not a bad fighter by any means, I just don't think he can hang with the top of the division.

I know Luke Thomas among others have talked highly of Ismagulov. I honestly don't know if I have ever watched him fight. I will say, his record is very suspect. Mostly against fellow Russians without Wikipedia pages. Only 5 fights in the UFC, 3 of which also don't have Wikipedia pages, and all by decision. I guess we'll see because I have seen Tsarukyan and he is the real deal. I don't know if he's a future champ, but he's very good.

Dober-Green should be fun.

A couple of other names, but not much else here for me.
Alvarez, Moises, Alves, Kutateladze is a damn good first 4 wins in the ufc- wiki status or not. If you get to watch Damir this weekend you’ll see that his boxing is some of the best in division. I wasn’t expecting that when I saw the name the first time lol

I’d probably put Fiziev’s boxing ahead but that may be it tbh

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's really not suspect at all to me. Alvarez & Moises are both very good wins against top25 lightweights.

The rest is a bit more MMA-Math to me but it's a pretty decent case. These three fights are basically as even fights as you'll see in the UFC:

Gamrot/Tsarukyan
Gamrot/Kutateladze
Kutateladze/Ismagulov

These four guys are all in the exact same tier based on what we've seen. They've all cleaned up the next tier down of unranked guys in the top 30 155ers in the world and have had incredibly even fights.

Alvarez, Moises, Alves, Kutateladze is a damn good first 4 wins in the ufc- wiki status or not. If you get to watch Damir this weekend you’ll see that his boxing is some of the best in division. I wasn’t expecting that when I saw the name the first time lol

I’d probably put Fiziev’s boxing ahead but that may be it tbh
I'll take your words for it, but I'm still skeptical.

Those foreign fighters that have 20+ win streaks are always suspect to me. His wins in the UFC are fine, but I mean he's 31 and will 32 in February. I know it's MMA Math, but Arman just turned 26 in October and finished Alvarez (and I don't care what anybody says, he beat Gamrot).

Reactions: m9 and CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Winn is out of his fight due to being too fat and trying to cut too much weight too quickly*

*unofficial reason

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Winn is out of his fight due to being too fat and trying to cut too much weight too quickly*

*unofficial reason
Come on man that's so unfair! He was just trying to completely drain his body out of water to just barely make a weight class he shouldn't be in and had a freak accident.... lol I legit laughed when I read that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Marquez was adding some juice to my parlay too smdh

He was only a -175 fav, I figured he’d push Deron around

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I really don't understand how the main event is a pick 'em. And I believe Cannonier is around +185 to win inside the distance. Cannonier is the more dangerous guy by a pretty wide margin IMO and also has a much better resume. I'm sure I'll have to come back in here and eat crow but Cannonier inside the distance seems like a great value.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kakhramonov looks like a future champion despite the crazy come-from-behind win by Said.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This was a rare wmma prelim fight I was looking forward to

I was wrong

• Haha
Reactions: td_ice

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Matthews is such a mystery box every time out
I was really hoping to see him look good here. Losing to Brady is understandable but I thought Matthews boxing had really improved and his wrestling is always good but he can't put together consistent performances.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sure he'll get another fight but I don't need to see Brundage in the UFC anyway. His wins are against non-ufc level guys and his resume pre-ufc is awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad