Middleweight bout: Eric Spicely vs. Markus Perez
Featherweight bout: Jamall Emmers vs. Timur Valiev
Bantamweight bout: Chris Gutiérrez vs. Cody Durden​

Reactions: pistolpete11

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of a weak card, but still some interesting fights.

Hard to pick against Shahbazyan at this point - he's looked so, so good. Brunson is the perfect matchup to see where he's at, but I like Shahbazyan to get the finish at some point.

Kind of a risky fight for Calderwood to take when she seemed to be lined up for the next title shot, but on the other hand it's probably not a bad idea to work on your skills before fighting Shevchenko.

Randy Brown is a fun fighter, but I think Luque is a couple steps above him right now. Luque has been low-key quite good lately with his losses being to high-ranked guys.

Vannata/Green should be fun again. Holland is a guy to watch at MW as a future top 10 guy.

Love the odds on Meerschaert to win this fight, like -180 or so. Should be an easy win for him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really like the matchmaking in the main event. It's a winnable fight for Shahbazyan but also one where Brunson should make him work for it. If Shahbazyan does to Brunson what he did to everyone else then the hype will be on another level and it'll be 100% deserved.

Luque/Brown and the Vannata/Green rematch should be entertaining fights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would like there to be a way so that Borg's family is taken care of because it's an awful situation. I also don't think the UFC should be scheduling fights for him anymore. Hopefully the UFC can figure out a way to balance those two things.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know Schaub has offered to cover a lot of costs In the past

He’s a complete moron but he’s got a heart of gold

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not so interested in this one. It took a hit with Holly-Aldana falling through.

The main event is a good one, but it's also only 3 rounds due to the late notice, right? Good test for Shahbazyan, though. Needs more than a decision win to really catapult himself to the upper echelon IMO.

Other than that, meh. Luque is usually fun, but he should win this one. Who knows, though? These are the type of cards that sometimes over deliver.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Luque's fight seems like a trap. I'm not going crazy w that one. Shabaz is a lock wake me up when he gets someone on his level.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Luque's fight seems like a trap. I'm not going crazy w that one. Shabaz is a lock wake me up when he gets someone on his level.
Who else should Edmen have fought by now?

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Not saying he shouldve fought the best of the best right out the gate. Im just confident in him and knew his first few fights, including this one, would be dominant wins. I cant wait to see him vs upper tier guys.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Shabaz at 9-1 to win via sub seems quite lucrative.

Advance apologies for when I drunkingly brag quote this tonight after the fight with lots of money raining down images and caps lock in full force.

member 51464

Shabaz at 9-1 to win via sub seems quite lucrative.

Advance apologies for when I drunkingly brag quote this tonight after the fight with lots of money raining down images and caps lock in full force.
Or you could just, you know, not do that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meerschaert vs Herman is off due to Meerschaert testing positive for covid

did not see that coming so late. Sucks cuz that was my mortal lock

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Meerschaert vs Herman is off due to Meerschaert testing positive for covid

did not see that coming so late. Sucks cuz that was my mortal lock

damn this card gets smaller and smaller

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I forgot we were back in the small cage, f*** yes

also Brunson is a LIVE dog @ +310

I think Shahbazyan still probably wins but there is real value there. I think I’m hammering it. Whenever they have a relatively untested guy facing a tough, durable vet it’s usually a solid play. The one time Shahbazyan hasn’t put the guy away he went to a split with Darren Stewart (who I actually thought had won that fight, Shahbazyan had better grappling while Stewart had better standup that night)

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think I’d go 29-28 Emmers. Could see 30-27. Not really any other possibilities imo

emmers has been screwed on a decision already tho lol

I’ve got another 28-28 lol

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It won't get the press of say Glover/Anthony Smith, but Saenz corner should have probably stepped in after Round 2. He was done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad