Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wow trevin Giles just fainted. Never seen that before

I’d be scared of fighting Kevin holland too, dudes violent

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of a weird finish but those were vicious shots from Luque.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That's the best I've ever seen Brunson look. Made easy work of Shahbazyan.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Shabazyan was KO’d twice pretty much, his left arm went limp for half a second at the end of the second round. Doctor should have called the fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I forgot we were back in the small cage, f*** yes

also Brunson is a LIVE dog @ +310

I think Shahbazyan still probably wins but there is real value there. I think I’m hammering it. Whenever they have a relatively untested guy facing a tough, durable vet it’s usually a solid play. The one time Shahbazyan hasn’t put the guy away he went to a split with Darren Stewart (who I actually thought had won that fight, Shahbazyan had better grappling while Stewart had better standup that night)

LIVE. DAWG.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Shahbazyan should really get away from Edmond before he ruins his career.

Reactions: h2

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Def see some similarities between Shabazyan and Rousey. Rose fast but the second he was given some adversity he just crumpled. He mentally quit well before the fight ended.

Hopefully it's a learning experience for him but he was clearly outclassed the whole fight.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
As Felder said, Shahbazyan didn't want to be in there for the 3rd round...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Did last weekend's controversy play a role in Herb stopping the fight? It seemed like he stepped in a tad early...

Not saying the fight should have continued, but Brunson barely hit him before Dean stepped in

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Shabazyan was KO’d twice pretty much, his left arm went limp for half a second at the end of the second round. Doctor should have called the fight.

Kind of surprised Herb Dean didn't call it at the end of the 2nd.

Good win for Brunson, but more than anything what a disappointing performance from ES.

Reactions: crazychimp

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Should’ve been called after two

I thought he was out at the end of round 2. Probably recovered enough by the time the doc looked at him. Good on Herb to step in quickly in round 3 at least. I don’t think that’s an early stoppage at all. That’s one of those rounds where the second it goes south for the fighter you have to step in. Glad he did. He’s too young to take too much damage

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Did last weekend's controversy play a role in Herb stopping the fight? It seemed like he stepped in a tad early...

Not saying the fight should have continued, but Brunson barely hit him before Dean stepped in

Dean didn't want the fight to continue after the 2nd. Gave Shabazyan every chance to get out of there. When a guy turtles immediately after a beating in the previous round, its over. The only difference between letting it go an extra 4/5 shots is the kids brain damage, that fight was done as done can be.

member 51464

Now we get to learn more about Edmen to see if he has more mental toughness than Ronda. He still seems raw in a lot of ways but has potential, so hopefully he gets it together.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

I’m not sure if last week effected Herb. He got a vote of confidence from Dana last night and a promise that any repeat of last week from Hardy or any ufc employee would result in an immediate firing.

I think Edmen looked compromised at the end of the 2nd and Herb wasn’t going to allow Edmen to take much more . Good stop.

Reactions: m9

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Dean didn't want the fight to continue after the 2nd. Gave Shabazyan every chance to get out of there. When a guy turtles immediately after a beating in the previous round, its over. The only difference between letting it go an extra 4/5 shots is the kids brain damage, that fight was done as done can be.

I agree that Shahbazyan was done, but we've seen refs let fights go longer under similar circumstances...

And I'm fine with the stoppage, I just think given what I've seen over the years, it was a tad premature

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently Calderwood also fainted backstage after her fight. Heart rate dropped when she was being taken to the hospital too. Seems like she’s stabilized and ok now tho according to the twitters

Weird night

FOTN is Green vs Lando

POTN is Maia and Luque.

they’ll probably throw Brunson some extra money too I’d imagine. Either that or they’re extra salty about him derailing their hype train

Edit: LOL

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Shahbazyan should really get away from Edmond before he ruins his career.

It's both that, and that he has some flaws that shouldn't have led to him being put in this fight already. Fans always fall in love with guys for their striking, but all the best strikers also have a great clinch game. Edmen had not fought enough for us to know whether or not that was the case, and they threw him to the sharks. He didn't have a good performance against Darren Stewart but I don't know how many people remember that.

In the first round tonight, he was pretty good, but there were some signs that the fight might not turn out very well for him. Mostly I'm just kicking myself for not betting on this because I'd told a friend elsewhere that the odds were too good to turn down and Edmen hadn't proven anything yet.

Reactions: 1specter

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's both that, and that he has some flaws that shouldn't have led to him being put in this fight already. Fans always fall in love with guys for their striking, but all the best strikers also have a great clinch game. Edmen had not fought enough for us to know whether or not that was the case, and they threw him to the sharks. He didn't have a good performance against Darren Stewart but I don't know how many people remember that.

In the first round tonight, he was pretty good, but there were some signs that the fight might not turn out very well for him. Mostly I'm just kicking myself for not betting on this because I'd told a friend elsewhere that the odds were too good to turn down and Edmen hadn't proven anything yet.

Honestly anytime you can get a bonafide top 10 guy at +300 or more you have to take it. Especially when that guys coming off two wins against good fighters since adding Henri Hooft to his team. To get that against a kid who has only been out of the first round once is something you won’t see a ton of.

The value was too good for me to pass up even though it wouldn’t have shocked me if Shahbazyan had run through him. You can tell the kid has real firepower, he’s just so damn young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad