Featherweight bout: Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Renan Barão
Women's Flyweight bout: Ariane Lipski vs. Veronica Macedo
Women's Bantamweight bout: Vanessa Melo vs. Tracy Cortez​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hope Renan Barão gets mollywhopped.

Always glad to see Charles Oliveira fight though

Excited to see Jacare at 205. Had an off night against Hermansson but im willing to attribute that to the late switch of opponent if he goes out there and looks good against Blachowicz. If Blachowicz wins he’s got just as good of a claim at a title shot as anybody else at 205 has. Would be 6 wins in 7 bouts with victories over Rockhold, Souza, Manuwa and Cannonier. Only loss was to the guy that arguably beat Jon Jones on two bad knees. He becomes very interesting

Shogun KO’s Paul Craig and becomes the surprising winner of 5 out of 6. He’s in an interesting spot because if he wins again you could make the argument he could get the Dan Henderson treatment for a retirement fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Obviously not the best card, but some fun names all over it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It feels like it's too late for Jacare to be making the jump now.

Oliveira's another guy on a surprising win streak. I didn't realize he has won 5 in a row with all of them being finishes.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It feels like it's too late for Jacare to be making the jump now.

Oliveira's another guy on a surprising win streak. I didn't realize he has won 5 in a row with all of them being finishes.
Yeah, as long as Oliveira doesn't fight anyone in the top 15, he looks like a world beater.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s got a lot of miles on him but it’s important to remember that Oliveira has the UFC subs record and only just turned 30. He has got a lot of time to pad that stat

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Barao got lit up. You have to think that's it for him in the UFC but I thought that might've happened even before this fight so who knows.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Barao got lit up. You have to think that's it for him in the UFC but I thought that might've happened even before this fight so who knows.

He cost me a lot of money in a parlay the time he lost to Andre Ewell. Never forgive, never forget. My hatred may be irrational

But yeah he can’t make weight at bantam and I don’t think he has the power/durability to survive at featherweight in the ufc. Maybe in other promotions, not this one though

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
what the f***?

trinaldo won that shit? unanimously by all 3 judges????

so f***ing rigged

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oliveira keeps the streak going with another early finish. He looked great.

Reactions: m9

member 51464

Jan is going to want a real challenge in his weight class rather than yet another failed guy at a lower weight coming up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Probably 3-0 for Jacare. Good game plan but it has resulted in mostly a terrible fight so far.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
This could be the most boring main event I've ever seen..

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jan looks like his foot is broken

This fight is the shits but I have money on Jacare so hopefully it goes the way I think it will on the card

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As bad of a 25 minute fight that you'll see in the UFC. Don't know who won & don't care either.

Reactions: h2 and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That sucked. I thought Jacare would get the decision but it was terrible either way.

member 51464

I expected Jacare to be ahead on the scorecards in a bunch of close rounds and then have Jan knock his head off in the 4th or 5th. I actually thought Jacare won the first 3 and lost the last two, but nobody deserves to be proud of that one. Haha.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not much to say about the main event. Super boring. I don't have a problem with the decision. It's not a good strategy to land very little and not get any takedowns. Jan wasn't much better, but he was at least more active in the striking.

Shogun-Craig - I don't have a problem with the decision since I thought they were going to give it to Shogun for the control. But much like Jacare, he didn't do much with it. Landed very little and was basically just fighting off submissions. I thought maybe Craig stole the third round at the end with his takedown, but it was too little too late for 2 of the judges I guess. I don't know why he didn't try to stand up earlier.

Oliveira-whoever - I just don't get it. This guy is setting all these records, is 30, has been in the UFC for 10 years, is ranked #13, and he keeps fighting guys I never heard of or mediocre fighters that are past their prime anyway. Why is he not fighting Barboza? Or Raging Al? Or someone else ranked above him coming off a loss? Or why not young up-and-comers like Hernandez or Islam? Instead, he fights whoever that guy was to do what? Pad his records?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not much to say about the main event. Super boring. I don't have a problem with the decision. It's not a good strategy to land very little and not get any takedowns. Jan wasn't much better, but he was at least more active in the striking.

Shogun-Craig - I don't have a problem with the decision since I thought they were going to give it to Shogun for the control. But much like Jacare, he didn't do much with it. Landed very little and was basically just fighting off submissions. I thought maybe Craig stole the third round at the end with his takedown, but it was too little too late for 2 of the judges I guess. I don't know why he didn't try to stand up earlier.

Oliveira-whoever - I just don't get it. This guy is setting all these records, is 30, has been in the UFC for 10 years, is ranked #13, and he keeps fighting guys I never heard of or mediocre fighters that are past their prime anyway. Why is he not fighting Barboza? Or Raging Al? Or someone else ranked above him coming off a loss? Or why not young up-and-comers like Hernandez or Islam? Instead, he fights whoever that guy was to do what? Pad his records?

Look at his last 7 losses. Some major talent. Hes almost like a AAAA baseball player in the sense that he feasts on the unranked but does poorly against those who are ranked. He’s more or less a gatekeeper but not in the traditional sense because they can’t feed inexperienced guys who they want to build up to him....he will absolutely finish them. He’s in a weird spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad