GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blachowicz vs. Jacaré

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Look at his last 7 losses. Some major talent. Hes almost like a AAAA baseball player in the sense that he feasts on the unranked but does poorly against those who are ranked. He’s more or less a gatekeeper but not in the traditional sense because they can’t feed inexperienced guys who they want to build up to him....he will absolutely finish them. He’s in a weird spot
Yeah, I know who he's lost to, but what does that mean? He's only going to fight mediocre, past their prime guys now? I mean, who's the last up-and-comer he's faced?

I don't know. I'm just not particularly impressed with his career progression or his records. There's a lot of experienced guys that could finish guys if they only fought #16-50.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, I know who he's lost to, but what does that mean? He's only going to fight mediocre, past their prime guys now? I mean, who's the last up-and-comer he's faced?

I don't know. I'm just not particularly impressed with his career progression or his records. There's a lot of experienced guys that could finish guys if they only fought #16-50.

I think David Teymur qualifies, he was on a hot start to his ufc career. Myles Jury was coming off his only loss at that point and it was to Cerrone. I think he pretty much takes who he’s offered. It’s not like he’s ducking people or is inactive.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think David Teymur qualifies, he was on a hot start to his ufc career. Myles Jury was coming off his only loss at that point and it was to Cerrone. I think he pretty much takes who he’s offered. It’s not like he’s ducking people or is inactive.
Those are both kind of reaches IMO and it doesn't explain this fight. He's ranked #13, coming off 5 finishes in a row, and fights Jared Gordon. A 31-year-old who was 3-2 in the UFC. He should be fighting Barboza, Raging Al, etc. Not Jared Gordon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Those are both kind of reaches IMO and it doesn't explain this fight. He's ranked #13, coming off 5 finishes in a row, and fights Jared Gordon. A 31-year-old who was 3-2 in the UFC. He should be fighting Barboza, Raging Al, etc. Not Jared Gordon.

Idk what you want the guy to do, it’s pretty clear he doesn’t duck fights. Seems like he takes whatever is available to him. Iaquinta fought a month ago, barboza fought two months ago. Not like there’s a ton of options. I think they needed him on this card to beef it up a bit for Brazil

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002

David "Take care of your underwears" Teymur?

Love that guy lol

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree that he probably doesn't need a half-dozen unranked fights in a row, but I much prefer these talented albeit inconsistent guys take a couple easy fights when they hit a rough patch in their career than keeping fighting top guys and losing.

Someone like James Vick for example deserves to be in the UFC, but has now lost 4 fights in a row vs good opponents so it's a tough spot. I'd rather he get an easy fight after that second loss instead of Dan Hooker. Same with what has happened to Carlos Condit.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
“Take care of your underwears, I’m going to **** you man” is the most terrifying trash talk I’ve ever heard

Judging by Cody Garbrandt's reaction in the video, I think he feels the same way!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I miss that version of Conor. So entertaining and great for the sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->