GDT: UFC 289: Nunes vs. Aldana/PFL 4

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Amanda would seem to have a huge ground advantage here, expecting a replica of the Anderson fight but hoping Aldana wins just for some excitement.

Reactions: m9

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Phenomenal performance by Charles. Really depressing result for Dariush, should have gotten the title shot instead he took a risk and it DID NOT pay off.
I mean if he got rocked that badly through a guard, I can see Islam lighting him up on the feet as Darius sure as heck not outwrestles Islam

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I mean if he got rocked that badly through a guard, I can see Islam lighting him up on the feet as Darius sure as heck not outwrestles Islam
Oh yeah, if Dariush brought this type performance vs Islam then Islam absolutely abuses him. I don't want Dariush to win a title, I just want him to get the shot, he was the most deserving of one for a little bit there in my opinion.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Oh yeah, if Dariush brought this type performance vs Islam then Islam absolutely abuses him. I don't want Dariush to win a title, I just want him to get the shot, he was the most deserving of one for a little bit there in my opinion.

He was most deserving but he also hadn't beaten a top contender yet so I get it. He should have been in there instead of Volk though.

Reactions: Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Congrats on a great career.

Can we end this thing where whoever is fighting is the greatest ever in some way? If you want to call her the greatest female fighter then fine, but she wasn't even the greatest fighter involved in her interview. Enough.

Just an awful performance from Aldana.

Okay great can we be done with Women's Featherweight now?

Also probably the worst retirement I've seen.

Oh, it's done

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Womens combat GOAT right there

Aldana may be the WOAT title challenger outside of like very early womens mma in the ufc

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah Amanda’s resume is pretty f***ing insane now that I give it another look over. Starching pretty much every big name in womens MMA. Literally nothing else for her to do in the sport.
When did Peña become so f***ing insufferable? She seems like she’s putting on a complete gimmick because there’s no way she can be as delusional as she is. Right?
I’ve never seen somebody who got so thoroughly beaten down over 5 rounds talk so much shit

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm totally good with what Pena is doing, having any sort of personality at the top of the female divisions is a huge bonus vs what we usually get. And yes she's delusional, she's always been a bit of a Diaz type in that regard.

Not saying she's anti-lesbian or whatever too but I just think her personality is wired more like Miesha Tate where they want to have a certain look vs what Nunes/Pennington/etc do. Main difference is that Tate is actually a nice person while Pena isn't

Reactions: CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Main event was really bad. I wonder if Almeda was hurt or was still suffering from the weight cut which was apparently pretty rough. Luke Thomas said something like "I don't want to say it was a waste of everyone's time, but..." Nunes looked like she was playing on easy mode. Happy for her that she's retiring before she declines, hopefully she doesn't go back and forth like most people do when they retire.

Sick performance by Olivera like usual. I feel like he still doesn't get enough love.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad