Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Jorge Masvidal
Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez
Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Christian Rodriguez

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN5)

Middleweight bout: Chris Curtis vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Women's Strawweight bout: Michelle Waterson-Gomez vs. Luana Pinheiro
Middleweight bout: Gerald Meerschaert vs. Joe Pyfer

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lupita Godinez
Catchweight (160 lb) bout: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Trey Ogden
Featherweight bout: Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. Steve Garcia
Women's Strawweight bout: Jaqueline Amorim vs. Sam Hughes​

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1680544716288.png

Date: April 7, 2023
Venue: The Theater at Virgin Hotels
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN2

MAIN CARD (ESPN2)

Women's Featherweight season bout: Larissa Pacheco vs. Julia Budd
Heavyweight season bout: Bruno Cappelozza vs. Matheus Scheffel
Women's Featherweight season bout: Olena Kolesnyk vs. Aspen Ladd
Lightweight amateur bout: Biaggio Ali Walsh vs. Isaiah Figueroa

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+)

Heavyweight season bout: Renan Ferreria vs. Rizvan Kuniev
Heavyweight season bout: Marcelo Nunes vs. Maurice Greene
Heavyweight season bout: Danilo Marques vs. Yorgan De Castro
Women's Featherweight season bout: Martina Jindrova vs. Amber Leibrock
Women's Featherweight season bout: Evelyn Martins vs. Karolina Sobek
Women's Featherweight season bout: Marine Mokhnatkina vs. Yoko Higashi​

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No Delija for PFL, apparently he's hurt but should be ready for the second set of season fights in June. Chiesa also confirmed today he will not get a replacement for this card

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Excited for the main event. Not really making a pick, but the last fight was good so lets see what happens here.

Like everyone else probably I'm picking Burns, but I do think Masvidal is a tough fight for him. Burns wrestling isn't as good as Colby/Usman's so he's probably going to have to be on the feet a fair amount here. But ultimately going with the guy who seems to be working his ass off to get better vs the veteran who doesn't seem to be as committed at this stage. But I will say.. wouldn't shock me if Masvdial cracked him and won via TKO.

Font/Yanez & Holland/Ponz are both action fight. Very interested how Yanez looks here with a step up in competition. Same for Rosas.

Love the prelims, even with Leech/Chiesa falling out. Pyfer has a tough one v GM3 but he looks like a good prospect.

Reactions: Avs_19

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Middleweight Championship bout: Alex Pereira vs. Israel Adesanya (Izzy becomes even more unbearable after finally beating Pereira)
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Jorge Masvidal (Burns. I mean, he was knocked out by Hooker at lightweight, but I think Burns takes this easily. Edwards will be in the crowd rooting for a Masvidal victory lol)
Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez (Not sure. Can't recall who Yanez is. Must have seen him fight, but I just can't remember it at all! So with that, I'm going with Font)
Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (Should be a fun fight)
Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Christian Rodriguez (Have no idea who this Rodriguez is, so going for the super hot prospect in Rosas Jr. )

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
View attachment 681115

Date: April 8, 2023
Venue: Miami Dade Arena
City: Miami, Florida
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Middleweight Championship bout: Alex Pereira vs. Israel Adesanya
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Jorge Masvidal
Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez
Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Christian Rodriguez

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN5)

Middleweight bout: Chris Curtis vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Women's Strawweight bout: Michelle Waterson-Gomez vs. Luana Pinheiro
Heavyweight bout: Karl Williams vs. Chase Sherman
Middleweight bout: Gerald Meerschaert vs. Joe Pyfer

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lupita Godinez
Catchweight (160 lb) bout: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Trey Ogden
Featherweight bout: Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. Steve Garcia
Women's Strawweight bout: Jaqueline Amorim vs. Sam Hughes​
Can I just say I hate the branding for this type of poster? Why have one guy bigger/on top of the other? I could KIND OF understand it for the champion but why would Burns be bigger/on top of Masvidal? It also just doesn't read well having them on the same side of the poster.

This however.... 10/10.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can I just say I hate the branding for this type of poster? Why have one guy bigger/on top of the other? I could KIND OF understand it for the champion but why would Burns be bigger/on top of Masvidal? It also just doesn't read well having them on the same side of the poster.

This however.... 10/10.

The UFC posters are awful. I agree with you that this one is really bad.

It's funny because I hate the PFL poster here as well.

First, every time I scroll down I think someone painted a below-average picture of Nate Diaz.

But second, can we give Pacheco some love? She pulled off the biggest win in PFL history and she's hiding between two giant heads of guys that 92% of MMA fans couldn't pull out of a police lineup. She's the main event, you can do better than a poster where the girl who just beat your biggest star looks like she has a Michael Scott-style paper mache 2nd head on the top of some dude's body.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The UFC posters are awful. I agree with you that this one is really bad.

It's funny because I hate the PFL poster here as well.

First, every time I scroll down I think someone painted a below-average picture of Nate Diaz.

But second, can we give Pacheco some love? She pulled off the biggest win in PFL history and she's hiding between two giant heads of guys that 92% of MMA fans couldn't pull out of a police lineup. She's the main event, you can do better than a poster where the girl who just beat your biggest star looks like she has a Michael Scott-style paper mache 2nd head on the top of some dude's body.
It’s been like 2 weeks since Delija pulled out, you’d think they’d be able to make a new poster but I guess not

Reactions: Taytro and m9

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So PFL dropped Women's LW down to FW this season and Kayla is notably absent, and at first I was thinking it was because she wasn't interested in doing the season anymore, but on MMA Hour she says that she did want to do the season but it was PFL that thought the PPVs was the best way to utilize her. Really not sure who they have for her to make them think that's the case.

Reactions: m9

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Also yet again someone who won on Challenger Series but didn’t get the contract is filling in rather than the contract winner

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Holland allegedly said on Instagram that he's expecting an opponent change again after the Masvidal incident, then deleted the video. Obviously someone clipped it. We know sometimes he just talks to talk but it's interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pereira-Izzy : Who knows, man? I think Izzy is the better fighter, but Pereira is just a tough matchup for him apparently and might be in his head. I could see Izzy doing what he did last fight, but avoiding the KO or I could Pereira getting another KO. I kind of expect Izzy to be a little more conservative, but then be a little more aggressive if he thinks he can hurt him and get him out of there.

Burns-Masvidal : I'm obviously picking Burns, but I think it's more interesting than the odds would suggest. Burns has a huge advantage on the ground, but his wrestling is not great and Masvidal's BJJ defense is pretty good. On the feet, I think it's pretty even. Maybe a slight edge to Masvidal. So I think Burns will win, but there's a chance that Masvidal can keep it standing and find a KO or even squeak out 2 rounds.

Font-Yanez : Big opportunity for Yanez. It might be his time, but I think it might be a little too big of a jump up. Kind of like Brady against Belel recently, though I don't think Font is quite as good as Belal.

Ponz-Holland : I'd pick Holland to win, but -250 seems a bit lopsided to me. I do think Holland has been in there with better competition, but he's lost most of those, sometimes pretty badly. Ponz is a professional and is typically not going to make it easy on his opponent. I could see him grinding out a win here.

Rosas Jr. - Rodriguez : I know nothing about Rodriguez. I assume he's a can.

Curtis-Gastelum : I feel like we've been saying this for like 3 years, but Gastelum really needs a win here. Curtis is a tough fight, but it's winnable for Gastelum. Curtis is not much of a takedown threat, Gastelum's always had pretty good boxing, should have the speed advantage, and he's tougher than hell.

Waterson-Pinheiro : Speaking of needing a win, Waterson is 1-4 in her last 5. At 37, she can't have much time left. I know nothing of Pinheiro, but unless they are trying to get Waterson a win, I'm picking Pinheiro.

Has the UFC finally given up on Calvillo? She used to always get weirdly good card placement and now she's on the early prelims.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Because he's ranked higher? :dunno: I think it's a shitty poster other than the Miami colors, but it makes sense it's Burns-Masvidal and not Masvidal-Burns.

:laugh: I've done the same thing.

Reactions: Taytro

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Holland allegedly said on Instagram that he's expecting an opponent change again after the Masvidal incident, then deleted the video. Obviously someone clipped it. We know sometimes he just talks to talk but it's interesting.

I took that as him just joking about how last time there was a vid of him and Chimaev getting into it backstage, or at the hotel or whatever, and it ended up with them switching opponents and getting Chimaev.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad