Catchweight (180 lb) bout: Li Jingliang vs. Daniel Rodriguez
Catchweight (140 lb) bout: Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson
Light Heavyweight bout: Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN)

Featherweight bout: Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julian Erosa
Catchweight (220 lb) bout: Jailton Almeida vs. Anton Turkalj
Middleweight bout: Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett
Heavyweight bout: Jake Collier vs. Chris Barnett

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Featherweight bout: Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf
Bantamweight bout: Chad Anheliger vs. Alateng Heili
Women's Strawweight bout: Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed
Welterweight bout: Darian Weeks vs. Yohan Lainesse​

Last edited:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This card has the potential for all the people I want to win to lose, and to lose bad. Diaz, Ferguson, Holland, and Walker (just don't want to see Ion win. This might be a sad night.

member 51464

Being Nate and his last fight on the contract, I would not be surprised for something ridiculous. Anything from walking out smoking a joint to having his team throw the towel in 5 seconds after the opening bell while he gives everyone the finger and talks shit, lol.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Tony getting KO'd by Chandler feels so recent. I can't believe he's already about to fighting again.
I mean it was only 4 months ago, usually guys coming off KOs take extra time either due to medical suspension or to try and recover more so they're less susceptible to KOs in the future but nah, Tony is right back in there. With so much of his career lost to injuries, he probably figures it's now or never.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Being Nate and his last fight on the contract, I would not be surprised for something ridiculous. Anything from walking out smoking a joint to having his team throw the towel in 5 seconds after the opening bell while he gives everyone the finger and talks shit, lol.

Something tells me this whole card is going to be mass chaos just cause it's not the greatest on paper but it has some entertaining fighters on it. With that said I just can't see this card selling much.

I did not know until I read the matchups up top that the Holland vs Rodriguez is a catchweight. Holland will pretty much take any fight at any time lol.

I watched Danyelle Wolf on Contender Series.... I still find it bizarre that she is fighting on the prelims of a PPV at 38 years old with the only MMA fight under her belt being the contender series fight.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

On Helwani's pod they were joking about Nate refusing to wear the crypto merch nonsense and just walking out old-school in a t-shirt and jeans with his dog Makaveli and his crew of about a dozen people that always seem to be around him lol.

Also, I highly recommend Morning Kombat's fighter resume for Diaz. Listened to it for over an hour yesterday when I was driving and it's like a walk through the entire history of the UFC.

Reactions: m9 and 16Skippy

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
On Helwani's pod they were joking about Nate refusing to wear the crypto merch nonsense and just walking out old-school in a t-shirt and jeans with his dog Makaveli and his crew of about a dozen people that always seem to be around him lol.

Also, I highly recommend Morning Kombat's fighter resume for Diaz. Listened to it for over an hour yesterday when I was driving and it's like a walk through the entire history of the UFC.

Yea I usually get bored of the resume reviews but not this one.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
It should be Ferguson vs Diaz.
Completely agree. There needs to be someone to step in and say no to this type of match making, 3rd ranked vs unranked. Diaz said he didn't want this fight and still doesn't want it but it's what the UFC is making him do to fight out the contract. This isn't a fight that should be sanctioned IMO.

Diaz always has a chance but regardless, everyone knows this is a lamb to slaughter situation. If anything else happens it will be utter shock. I understand the marketing/business side of it, but it's utterly ridiculous to do this when people's lives/long term health is at stake.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
UFC added some Brazilian talent tonight in contender series. The Bonfim brothers looked good- Gabriel in particular seems to be a beast. And there’s another 205 lb’er named Vitor who looks like he can strike

Gabriel Bonfim hit a Von Flue to get a contract. He looks to be the real deal, striking was pretty crisp too

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I can see Nick doing that, but not Nate

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I can't believe how many people out there are trying to talk themselves into thinking Nate has a chance. I don't know if it's because we saw Pena beat Nunes not too long ago or what, but this would be just as shocking. Outside of a freak injury or something, I don't see a way Nate can win. I just hope he keeps it respectable.

They've added some potentially fun fights, but none that I'm really looking forward to and there's going to be a sense of dread the whole night leading up to the main event.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
khamzat could gas in the later rounds but even if that happens he’s still so much bigger that I don’t think it matters much…he was ragdolling middleweights

I also don’t think it gets to the later rounds, Diaz will probably sustain a significant amount of damage

The betting line creeping more in Holland’s direction gives me some hope for my parlay, that’s the only leg of it I’m not sure about. D-Rod is a pitbull. My logic is that it’s gonna stay standing and Holland has a huge reach advantage

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't believe how many people out there are trying to talk themselves into thinking Nate has a chance. I don't know if it's because we saw Pena beat Nunes not too long ago or what, but this would be just as shocking. Outside of a freak injury or something, I don't see a way Nate can win. I just hope he keeps it respectable.

They've added some potentially fun fights, but none that I'm really looking forward to and there's going to be a sense of dread the whole night leading up to the main event.
Let them pump it. I need the value to bet on Chimaev. Khamzat will lay on him and hit him and eventually the ref will do a slow and awkward stoppage.

I personally just think Chimaev is WAY too strong for Nate.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The betting line creeping more in Holland’s direction gives me some hope for my parlay, that’s the only leg of it I’m not sure about. D-Rod is a pitbull. My logic is that it’s gonna stay standing and Holland has a huge reach advantage
DRod is an absolute dog though. Holland does have that huge reach advantage but it's hard to count DRod out of any fight. I'm just excited to watch it, Holland has looked real good in 2022 at welterweight.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Let them pump it. I need the value to bet on Chimaev. Khamzat will lay on him and hit him and eventually the ref will do a slow and awkward stoppage.

I personally just think Chimaev is WAY too strong for Nate.
+250 for a round 1 KO I saw, I may have to do it

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I love both the Diaz bros but I just don't see how he can win. If there's a prop for Khamzat by doctor stoppage I might have to put something down.

I just hope this will backfire for them in someway. Even my friends who only watch the highlights of big fights and browse the headlines when they're bored know that this is a squash match.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Reminds me of the brigade Tony Ferguson had. “He wOuLd bEaT khAbib!”

f*** that. Tony sucks, and has for a while. Khabib would 10-8 that guy every round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad