Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
Flyweight bout: Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt
Bantamweight bout: Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O'Malley

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige
Bantamweight bout: Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
Heavyweight bout: Augusto Sakai vs. Tai Tuivasa
Middleweight bout: Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Middleweight bout: André Muniz vs. Eryk Anders
Women's Flyweight bout: Erin Blanchfield vs. Miranda Maverick
Flyweight bout: Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
Featherweight bout: Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
Bantamweight bout: Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
Women's Flyweight bout: Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira​

Reactions: pistolpete11 and m9

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm torn. I really want Poirier to win. But that will mean a Conor 4th fight for the title. And knowing Conor, he will land that lucky punch and then we will never hear the end of it!

Reactions: 16Skippy

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm torn. I really want Poirier to win. But that will mean a Conor 4th fight for the title. And knowing Conor, he will land that lucky punch and then we will never hear the end of it!

i don’t think you need to worry about a 4th fight with Conor for a while, there’s too many contenders that they just can’t leapfrog. You got Gaethje waiting for his shot and then you have the winner of the up coming Dariush-Makhachev fight. Conor will likely need a win or two on his resume before he gets to see a title shot at LW again.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Oliveira-Poirier - I think Poirier has been fighting and (mostly) beating better competition, so I think he is the rightful favorite here, but Oliveira is dangerous, man. He has 31 wins and all but 3 have been finishes and 1 of those was because Tony is a freak and didn't tap even though his arm was on the verge of breaking. That cuts both ways, too, though. He can be a little bit sloppy. He's been stopped 7 times in his 8 losses. It's a classic both are good everywhere, but one has an advantage on the ground and the other on the feet, so....Poirier by gilly. Just kidding, but that would be fantastic. I'll say Poirier by R2/3 TKO.

Nunes-Pena - Not much to say about the fight. Would be a massive upset if Pena wins. I'm half expecting the UFC to announce they signed Harrison, have her cage side, and cut the promo to setup Nunes-Harrison.

Neal-Ponz - Should be a banger. Neal's stock has slipped after losing to Wonderboy and Magny, but those guys are careful, tough to hit guys. Ponz usually brings the fight to you. Should be a good fight to lead into the championship fights. Just hope Nunes-Pena isn't an energy vacuum before the main event.

KKF-Cody - I'm not sure about this for Cody. It could be great like Aldo or it could be terrible like TJ. He's got huge power for 125, but he also had a questionable chin even before draining himself to cut an extra 10 pounds. I think it probably ends by (T)KO one way or another.

O-Malley-Paiva - Not a whole lot of interest. I just can't understand the matching for O'Malley.

Emmett-Ige - Ige is tough as hell, but he's a tier down from Emmett. The only question in my mind is with Emmett's age, injuries, and time off. I think he might have missed his window to compete for a title, but I think he'll still be good enough to beat Ige.

Cruz-Munhoz - Cruz is gonna have to be near perfect for 3 rounds. Prime Dom I don't think would have any problem with it, but I'd go with Munhoz now.

Sakai-Tuivasa - Should be a classic sloppy HW fight.

Reactions: Avs_19 and 16Skippy

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
This is one of those fights where I really wouldn't be all that shocked with any result... First round KO, eventual submission, going the distance or whatever the result I wouldn't be surprised by any of it. The amount of experience in this fight is nuts with 75 combined pro fights for two 32 year olds. That being said I think Poirier 2nd round KO... I know its dumb but I keep going back to Chandler vs Oliveira and Charles almost getting finished in the first losing that round 10-8. Unlike Chandler I think Poirier finds a way to finish him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Geoff Neal getting the DUI/weapons charge like a week and a half ago makes me want to sprinkle some on Ponz (if I had to guess the weapons charge came because he was drunk…dudes drinking a lot this close to a fight….idk)

Paiva would be a solid win for O’Malley

Poirier by KO

Reactions: chicagoskycam

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This is one of those fights where I really wouldn't be all that shocked with any result... First round KO, eventual submission, going the distance or whatever the result I wouldn't be surprised by any of it. The amount of experience in this fight is nuts with 75 combined pro fights for two 32 year olds. That being said I think Poirier 2nd round KO... I know its dumb but I keep going back to Chandler vs Oliveira and Charles almost getting finished in the first losing that round 10-8. Unlike Chandler I think Poirier finds a way to finish him.
Agreed anything can happen. A decision would be the most surprising to me. Oliveira has been in 40 fights and only gone to the scorecards 4 times. That's nuts. Poirier's been in 35 fights and gone to the scorecards only 9 times which is still pretty good, just not as crazy as Oliveira.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Geoff Neal getting the DUI/weapons charge like a week and a half ago makes me want to sprinkle some on Ponz (if I had to guess the weapons charge came because he was drunk…dudes drinking a lot this close to a fight….idk)

Paiva would be a solid win for O’Malley

Poirier by KO
Neal's gun charge was basically "having a gun while doing something else illegal." He volunteered for a blood test, so we will find out eventually if he was actually drunk or not. If he wasn't, the gun charge is also dropped because he wasn't doing anything illegal.

Also, in Neal's defense, it was Thanksgiving Eve/Thanksgiving Day. That probably makes it more likely he was drinking, but it's not like he was out there partying it up on some random weekday during camp. It was at least a holiday. I'd also be willing to bet guys are out there partying it up during camp more than we know.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Never saw Nunes like that. She's either rattled or is going to do very, very bad things to Pena.

And if didn't know, you'd think Cody and O'Malley are fighting on Saturday.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

Never saw Nunes like that. She's either rattled or is going to do very, very bad things to Pena.

And if didn't know, you'd think Cody and O'Malley are fighting on Saturday.

On episode 4 of embedded O'Malley said he was going to think of some trash talk to say to Cody because Paiva doesn't speak English so he'll go after Cody.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Olives
Nunes
Neal
Garbrandt
Paiva
Ige
Cruz
Sakai
Wright
Muniz
Maverick
Minner
Cacho

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
People love to shit on OMalley but he's one of the guys who understands the business. He's also got champion calibre talent. Some go after him for the loss to Vera but that was 99% bad luck. I agree that he should focus on Paiva, although I'm not sure how that fight makes any sense. Dana saying OMalley is not ready for ranked opponents makes no sense, look what he did to his last opponent

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The entire circus around O'Malley facing ranked opponents is kind of hilarious at this point actually. I give him credit for making that a storyline.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
A lot of tricky ones to pick tonight. I think Nunes is the only easy pick on the main card.

I want to say Poirier beats Olivera, but Charles pulling a finish out of nowhere wouldn't surprise me.

I'm a little nervous for Cody moving down. The weight cut maybe making his chin even worse like Pistolpete said is definitely possible. And his cardio and speed might suffer too if he's really straining to make weight.

Really don't like that O'Malley is getting a main even slot over Ige-Emmett and Cruz-Munhoz. Hopefully Paiva pulls of the upset.

Only the early prelims Maverick-Blanchfield might be interesting. They're both good prospects, hopefully at least one of them impresses so that division seems like less of a wasteland lol.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
People love to shit on OMalley but he's one of the guys who understands the business. He's also got champion calibre talent. Some go after him for the loss to Vera but that was 99% bad luck. I agree that he should focus on Paiva, although I'm not sure how that fight makes any sense. Dana saying OMalley is not ready for ranked opponents makes no sense, look what he did to his last opponent

assuming he wins his next opponent better be ranked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad