GDT: UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think Poirier's leg got ****ed up on a kick around a minute into the 2nd round. His movement basically stopped immediately. They say he slipped, but I think something popped or twisted.

Saw that, looked awkward and his punches were all from the arms after that.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That was the most trouble Khabib has ever been in, but I think he controlled enough to take the round.

Reactions: Taytro

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Poirier would've gotten that guillotine submission if he had full guard

One of his legs was trapped under Khabib

Reactions: member 51464

member 51464

Nothing to be ashamed of, Dustin. Rocked him a bit, had him thinking about submission for a second. As good a showing as anyone has had against Khabib.

Now, for Khabib, I think it is about legacy in his next few fights. He is undefeated and all, but seeing him win a few more against top contenders are important for his all-time standing, in my eyes.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Ferguson/Khabib has been the fight for like 3 years now.

Hopefully it actually happens this time.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dustin had him in trouble a couple of times in different ways...Khabib is just a f***in monster.

Can't wait for Khabib-Tony. Hopefully nothing stupid happens. That fight needs to happen and has needed to happen for so many years. Building up to now, being for the belt, makes it even better.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Can we talk about Khabib being the greatest lightweight of all time already or should we wait for him and Tony to square off? What if that fight never happens?

I've been an on-off casual fan from the first TUF season but I'm by no means an expert. But. I've never seen such domination from someone in a weight class since Jon Jones was making all the other light heavyweights look like fools.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Can we talk about Khabib being the greatest lightweight of all time already or should we wait for him and Tony to square off? What if that fight never happens?

I've been an on-off casual fan from the first TUF season but I'm by no means an expert. But. I've never seen such domination from someone in a weight class since Jon Jones was making all the other light heavyweights look like fools.
I'm no expert, either, but it's tough to argue the winner of Khabib-Tony isn't the best LW of all-time. Who else could you even argue? BJ Penn? Benson Henderson?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Yeah IMO he's the GOAT at this point and a win over Tony truly cements that. Even if the fight doesn't happen and Khabib retires undefeated he still holds that distinction though that 'what if' will always be around, especially if let's say Khabib retires soon and Tony takes over the division going forward.

The fact that he's only ever lost one round, and that too because he pretty much let it happen (Conor wouldn't have even gotten that far without cheating), is just insane

Reactions: Jugitsu

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
So Dana just said that Tony gets Khabib next and if it somehow falls through Conor is next in line. Lmao

member 51464

Man, f*** Conor at lightweight. He knocked out Eddie Alvarez and got dominated by Khabib. It is nobody's fault but Conor that he squandered so many years of his career with idiocy like the dolley and Floyd and chasing Diaz around at welterweight.

This December will mark 4 years since he beat Aldo. I for one am really disappointed how the four years since have gone. Four UFC fights. That's it.

Reactions: Jugitsu

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Khabib is so ridiculously strong. I thought Poirier might've had him there in the second round but on replay it didn't look like Khabib was hurt too badly. Everyone seems to be on board with the Ferguson fight so hopefully we actually get to see it this time.

I thought Barboza won the co-main. I gave him the first two rounds and Felder the third. There's no way that was 30-27 in either fighter's favour like two judges had it.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Khabib is so ridiculously strong. I thought Poirier might've had him there in the second round but on replay it didn't look like Khabib was hurt too badly.
Yeah I think people freaked out because of the commentary and because Khabib's head movement / defense looked very awkward and unorthodox there, but honestly it looked more like Khabib was just trying to back up away from the danger and was moving his head everywhere to avoid any further strikes since Dustin was pouring it on a bit. He might've gotten slightly rocked but there was no serious danger there and he recovered fully within like 10 seconds.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad