GDT: UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Should be Suarez 29-28. That 3rd round was concerning for Suarez, though. She was tired and clearly outclassed on the feet. She can't take shots like that against Andrade. And she's not going to have the pure strength advantage against Andrade, either.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Seems obvious to me that the strategy to beat Suarez is to avoid getting your back to the fence. She needs the fence to chain wrestle as she doesn't have great entries to shots. Andrade doesn't really know the word backstep in her vocabulary unfortunately for Suarez.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
At the end of Suarez-Ansaroff ... Nunes was so happy it was over ... here darling didn't get massacred !!!

i start liking Amanda Nunes !! i wasn't too much in here favor because of doubtful wins against Valentina ... but actually she seems to be a funny girl. And a good fighter ... not anyone beats Cyborg !! and she is sweet with here GF Nina Ansaroff .

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Seems obvious to me that the strategy to beat Suarez is to avoid getting your back to the fence. She needs the fence to chain wrestle as she doesn't have great entries to shots. Andrade doesn't really know the word backstep in her vocabulary unfortunately for Suarez.
Easier said than done. Ansaroff did a good job of sprawling on multiple occasions and they were in the middle of the cage, but Suarez just overpowered her drove her against the fence. The question is if she can do that against Andrade who's very physically strong and/or if Andrade's defensive wrestling is as good as Ansaroff's and/or if Suarez's striking can give her time to shoot. Can't wait for that fight.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That fight ensued with my burning out from a doobie. Boring.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Crazy that this fight is on the main card and Sterling-Munhoz was on the prelims. I guess this is part of the shifting importance of being on the main card vs. being on ESPN.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Tough loss for Rivera. He had those first 2 rounds until the last 20 seconds or so in each.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Main Event Time. Smoke them if you're allowed to buy them.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Here we gooooooooooo!!!

I almost hate fights like this where I like both guys so much.

member 51464

I'm rooting for Tony but feel like Cowboy may have a surprisingly easy first round win for some reason.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I'm rooting for Tony but feel like Cowboy may have a surprisingly easy first round win for some reason.

I feel the same way. Want Tony to win as I think he stands a better chance at beating Khabib but wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy catches him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad