PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Flyweight bout: Jose Torres vs. Alex Perez
Bantamweight bout: Ricardo Ramos vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Women's Strawweight bout: Danielle Taylor vs. Zhang Weili
Bantamweight bout: Marlon Vera vs. Wuliji Buren​

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Only really interested in the main event in this one. Pretty weak card overall. Hopefully after DJ finishes Cejudo again he'll actually move up and face the winner of TJ/Garbrandt. Gotta figure they've already got plans to have him enter the octagon after the main event WWE style.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very weak card overall because of injuries and some other stuff. At one point this card was supposed to have Gustafsson vs. Volkan, Brunson vs. Carlos Junior, and Yair vs. Zabit.

The main event should be good but I can't say I'm all that excited for the rematch this soon. I like TJ to get it done again.

Cejudo has improved a lot since the first DJ fight but I'm still expecting a similar result in this one as well. DJ is just too good and he showed in the first fight that he can recover even when he gets taken down.

Swanson vs. Moicano is a good match up and I think Moicano can really show he's a top contender with a win here.

How did Holland get matched up with Santos a month after fighting on the contender series? Santos isn't great but he usually looks like a killer in there when he's not going up against high level competition.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Brutal card.

Hope Cejudo can keep it interesting.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
for as much as i like Garbrandt's skills and efficient movement over Killashaw, can't favor him with that chin. He literrally got hurt everytime Dillashaw landed

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Only one fight over featherweight.

I hope we see DJ vs. the winner of the main event, next. This is a good test by the UFC to see if these guys can carry a PPV.

Also, got a weird feeling about Cejudo. I might not be giving DJ enough credit; considering what he’s capable of; likely just hedging my hunch here.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only one fight over featherweight.

I hope we see DJ vs. the winner of the main event, next. This is a good test by the UFC to see if these guys can carry a PPV.

Also, got a weird feeling about Cejudo. I might not be giving DJ enough credit; considering what he’s capable of; likely just hedging my hunch here.

I hope they're not expecting big numbers. I'd be shocked if they did over 200k for this card.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yeah I can’t see it either; the numbers seem to me to be below expectations for PPV, generally too. The Cormier/Miocic fight would be a case in point, but I don’t think the UFC ever shares its projections and variances. Maybe it was a success.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah I can’t see it either; the numbers seem to me to be below expectations for PPV, generally too. The Cormier/Miocic fight would be a case in point, but I don’t think the UFC ever shares its projections and variances. Maybe it was a success.

They seem to be struggling with lack of star power and oversaturation. The reports were UFC 226 did between 380k-400k buys, which had to be very disappointing for a champion vs. champion superfight. Last week's card was great and that reportedly had the worst ratings ever for a Fox card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm finding it really, really hard to get interested for this card.

Huge missed opportunity by the UFC with some buzz after today & just a terrible card tomorrow. 125k buys?

member 51464

No chance I'd lay out cash for this. Which probably means a string of classic fights, ha.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm finding it really, really hard to get interested for this card.

Huge missed opportunity by the UFC with some buzz after today & just a terrible card tomorrow. 125k buys?

125k-150k sounds about right. I think under 200k for sure.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Moicano is a very legit contender at 145. He's so well rounded and a tough guy to win a decision against.

member 51464

2-1 mighty mouse, but I'm thinking Cejudo may be out of gas soon.

member 51464

Wow, that was close. I think it should be 2-2 after the way Cejudo finished but it's probably 3-1 mighty mouse.

Lets see a great 5th round!

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Damn idk, will the judges score in DJ's favor because he's DJ....or will it hurt him because he was hardly dominant.
Pretty tough one to call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad