Jun 28, 2007
220px-UFC_212_Poster.png

Date: June 3, 2017
Venue: Jeunesse Arena
City: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Featherweight Championship bout: José Aldo (c) vs. Max Holloway (ic)
Women's Strawweight bout: Cláudia Gadelha vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Middleweight bout: Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt
Middleweight bout: Paulo Borrachinha vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Yancy Medeiros

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Bantamweight bout: Raphael Assunção vs. Marlon Moraes
Middleweight bout: Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Eric Spicely
Bantamweight bout: Johnny Eduardo vs. Matthew Lopez
Bantamweight bout: Iuri Alcântara vs. Brian Kelleher

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: Viviane Pereira vs. Jamie Moyle
Welterweight bout: Luan Chagas vs. Jim Wallhead
Flyweight bout: Marco Beltrán vs. Deiveson Alcântara

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I used to win so much money on Brazilian cards a few years ago. Now they make them competitive fights.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I haven't dug too deep into this card yet but I think the main event is one of the better fights the UFC has put on so far this year.

Really looking forward to seeing Moraes against high level UFC competition as well.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lots of folks on the sherdog boards seem to be selling Holloway very short, IMO. I've been questioning the durability of Aldo's chin since the last Mendes fight (which is why I expected McGregor to win when they fought), and Max can really throw. Wouldn't be surprised to see him KO Aldo in the least. At the very least, I'd call it a pick em kind of fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty poor PPV offering. Really needed that Anderson Silva fight or another capable main card replacement. Main event will be great, but not much else to get too excited about.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Let's go Aldo ! First round KO with leg kicks.

I love to see Karolina winning this fight, but it's not going to happen. She got totally dominated by Joanna. Claudia is different kind of beast and her wrestling is pretty good. She gave pretty good challenge to Joanna but didn't really have much chance for win. I don't like Claudia as a person. She is not on Joanna level, she knows that and it's too much for his head.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
That's a horrible poster, first of all.

Aldo vs Holloway should be exciting.

Marquardt vs Vitor - winner and loser retires? lol

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Not an interesting card outside the main event.

This is a prototypical UFC card from 205.
Title
Contender
Big names
Exciting prospect fight
Guy you know that should be a lot better vs another guy you've heard of
Prelims:
Decent names with a potential for a decent scrap
Other fights

It's pretty solid compared to most Brazil cards

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Reeeeeally torn on this main event. I love Aldo, but I also love Holloway and like the idea of new blood.. hmm, this is going to be a good one. UFC still dropping the ball with promotion though, this fight has crazy potential.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Reeeeeally torn on this main event. I love Aldo, but I also love Holloway and like the idea of new blood.. hmm, this is going to be a good one. UFC still dropping the ball with promotion though, this fight has crazy potential.

From what's aldo has been saying, he's taking super fights after this. Hoping Aldo wins and relinquishes the belt.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
From what's aldo has been saying, he's taking super fights after this. Hoping Aldo wins and relinquishes the belt.

So wait, Aldo is openly saying he's going to be selective and choose his fights going forward and not fight whom the UFC wants him to? You mean do the same thing that Mighty Mouse is now doing that has people crucifying him? Weird how Aldo is not getting any **** for it. :laugh:

I really hope Max starches him.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
So wait, Aldo is openly saying he's going to be selective and choose his fights going forward and not fight whom the UFC wants him to? You mean do the same thing that Mighty Mouse is now doing that has people crucifying him? Weird how Aldo is not getting any **** for it. :laugh:

I really hope Max starches him.

nah, doing the same thing as DJ would mean keep defending the belt against the fighters of his own division, instead of chasing the money fight.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
nah, doing the same thing as DJ would mean keep defending the belt against the fighters of his own division, instead of chasing the money fight.

Nah, It's the same. He's telling the UFC who he is going to fight. Take all the other noise out of it.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Nah, It's the same. He's telling the UFC who he is going to fight. Take all the other noise out of it.

Can you show some proof about this or are you just trying to state your option as a fact? As i look at it, everyone from top contenders had chance to try their luck.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good prelims so far.

Carlos Junior is very good on the ground so I don't know why Spicely wanted to grapple with him so badly.

Time for Moraes' UFC debut now. This is a pretty big test for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad