Post-Game Talk: UFC 172: Rangers @ Jackets

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
4) Physicality. Rangers better be prepared to take a beating. I cringed anytime MSL and Zucc were on the ice. Everyone else better do what the majority of the team did tonight. Stick up for each other. Means there needs to be unsung hero's in this department. Tonight it was Poo and Nash. Other nights it will have to be other people. This is a necessity, not a luxury, heading into the playoffs.

MSL is supposedly a hard forechecker, and Zucc doesnt exactly shy away from a scrimmage if there is one to be had, I dont understand whats there is to cringe about ? Didnt Zucc get into it right there in the first period ?

This was probably the most intense hard fought game we've had all season, and I can literally find nothing wrong with what the team did in terms of pure guts and determination

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@AGrossRecord: Lundqvist says he would have skated down to confront The Bob if scrum became six on five. It didn't. "Lucky him," Hank says.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Imagine... if we make the playoffs in a seeded position we're going to have a full series against either Columbus or Philly... should be entertaining.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Did you see how Kreider manhandled Anisimov? The Jacket was tossed like a rag doll.

Lack of physical play...yeah, we have Kreider. Too bad he almost never shows it.

He's really cooled off after a fiery playoff run and hot streak early this season. I know he's a rookie, but that kid should be scoring and hitting a lot more!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Imagine... if we make the playoffs in a seeded position we're going to have a full series against either Columbus or Philly... should be entertaining.
Looking very likely.
odds-3-22-14.png

mti79

May 11, 2007
What a game! Loved the emotion. Loved the immediate response after they scored. Loved Hank's play. Loved Danny's save at the end.

Voted for:
1. Nash (obvious reasons)
2. Hank (was an absolute wall when we needed him to be)
3. Taco (continues to play well and beat McKenzie. Also loved that he pointed to his visor to say "I can't start this but let's go")

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I didn't get to watch the game bc I had to work last night, but I'm still lolling that one of the poll options is Beaver Richards. :laugh:

I'd like to request next PGT poll you name Boyle - Tin foil Boyle.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
He's really cooled off after a fiery playoff run and hot streak early this season. I know he's a rookie, but that kid should be scoring and hitting a lot more!

He cooled off because he was getting 1 to 2 penalties a game from his rough play. He hasn't found the line just yet but he'll get there imo.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The guy I'm most impressed with this year is Zuccarello. Easily.

Up till this year, my impression was that he could be decent NHL player but not much more. He's really changed my mind on that.

He's continued to get better and make everyone he plays with better. Still remains to be seen if he can do that with MSL, but we're early days there.

And it's not so much his skill, which though impressive is not the only thing it takes to be a success in New York. Watching Zuccarello you have to be impressed with the rapport he has with his mates. There is no doubt how much they like and respect him. He's a leader on that team now. Someone counted on to deliver results in pressure situations. And like any great NY athlete he seems to thrive on the pressure.

That is a singularly rare quality in New York. Being a successful athlete in New York.....is just different. It's tougher. I know many of you don't think that but there is a whole lot of precedent and current performance which bears out this fact.

In any case Zuccarello has proven that he is special. He belongs. Lock him up. Long term.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

Up till this year, my impression was that he could be decent NHL player but not much more. He's really changed my mind on that.

He's continued to get better and make everyone he plays with better. Still remains to be seen if he can do that with MSL, but we're early days there.

And it's not so much his skill, which though impressive is not the only thing it takes to be a success in New York. Watching Zuccarello you have to be impressed with the rapport he has with his mates. There is no doubt how much they like and respect him. He's a leader on that team now. Someone counted on to deliver results in pressure situations. And like any great NY athlete he seems to thrive on the pressure.

That is a singularly rare quality in New York. Being a successful athlete in New York.....is just different. It's tougher. I know many of you don't think that but there is a whole lot of precedent and current performance which bears out this fact.

In any case Zuccarello has proven that he is special. He belongs. Lock him up. Long term.

What has impressed me the most is how he has shown a physical side I never knew existed. Size won't hold him back. He goes into high traffic areas and won't back down from anyone. He's all heart.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL

Word for word, exactly how I feel. He's a special player who finally 'figured it out' this year. Let's make him a career Ranger.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah. I agree rage.. An excellent quality. But he's going to need to back it up...and he'll need some help there. Hopefully last night sets a marker for how well this team stands together. Guy's like Kreider, Boyle, Dorsett, and Girardi need to be ready. It's coming.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Was Dave Maloney fired for pointing out Lundqvist was to deep in the net on that bad goal?

I guess after a game where we have 2 players initiate fights, many scrums and had a lot of physical pushback, you still needed to find something to complain about. Onto the MSG brass. Really graspin at straws.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
The power play was excellent tonight moving the puck against a very aggressive PK.

They played a perfect game tonight in a hostile arena where the BJ's always play well.

I like the BJ's. I like their style and they have some players who don't mess around.

The only turd is Comeau. Once a turd, always a turd.
Ahh, you mean just like Daniel Carsillio? ;)

Wolfy*

How was this not a goal? That's beyond me..

But I loved Nash in this game, wish he could always play like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad