UFC 167 GSP vs. Hendricks (UPD Post 774: GSP announces semi-retirement/title forfeit)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I think he should retire, period. He's given enough to the sport and to selfish Dana White, retire and enjoy what you earned GSP.

HABS win CUPS*

Hendricks himself said he was only fighting at 75% for a TITLE BELT after the GSP fight - Dana told him he was nuts for saying that at the press conference

sorry Hendricks you dont win titles fighting at 75%

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you for the link.

Your welcome....I was so excited to post the link I called George GPS....but don't worry I edited now.

Good luck GSP in what ever you plan on doing...you made the sport exciting to watch and made Quebec and Canada proud

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Can't even wait 5 minutes after the announcement to go on about a title fight. Christ, he has no respect.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Hendricks himself said he was only fighting at 75% for a TITLE BELT after the GSP fight - Dana told him he was nuts for saying that at the press conference

sorry Hendricks you dont win titles fighting at 75%

Hendricks said he was punching at 75%, not fighting at 75%. :shakehead In a 5 round fights, you either look for the finish and risk losing a decision or try to pace yourself and win the 5 round decision.

HABS win CUPS*

Hendricks said he was punching at 75%, not fighting at 75%. :shakehead In a 5 round fights, you either look for the finish and risk losing a decision or try to pace yourself and win the 5 round decision.

well fighting punching etc Dana said he was nuts for doing that and saying that to people

why didnt he finish GSP? if he's the heir apparent he should have taken GSP out - a bunch of other people all said the same thing about George but none of them were ever able to finish him

i think Condit beat up George wayyy worse than Hendricks did

i really think GSP won that fight on the cards you have to take the belt from a champion

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
well fighting punching etc Dana said he was nuts for doing that and saying that to people

why didnt he finish GSP? if he's the heir apparent he should have taken GSP out - a bunch of other people all said the same thing about George but none of them were ever able to finish him

i think Condit beat up George wayyy worse than Hendricks did

i really think GSP won that fight on the cards you have to take the belt from a champion

This post is completely ridiculous. Condit did damage from the head kick, that was really the only significant shot he landed, the majority of the rest of his strikes were while he was on his back with GSP in his guard. Johnny also rocked George but also landed much more significant strikes and more frequently. Everyone knows the judging in MMA is pathetic and the GSP-Hendricks fight is an example. Hendricks won 3 rounds to 2 and it was very obvious to most MMA experts and the people watching other than the 2 judges who gave it to GSP.

And no fighter should start off at a disadvantage, if you beat the champ you deserve the belt.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

He also said it was because he didn't get his hands wrapped enough, so he wouldn't break his hand.

HABS win CUPS*

This post is completely ridiculous. Condit did damage from the head kick, that was really the only significant shot he landed, the majority of the rest of his strikes were while he was on his back with GSP in his guard. Johnny also rocked George but also landed much more significant strikes and more frequently. Everyone knows the judging in MMA is pathetic and the GSP-Hendricks fight is an example. Hendricks won 3 rounds to 2 and it was very obvious to most MMA experts and the people watching other than the 2 judges who gave it to GSP.

And no fighter should start off at a disadvantage, if you beat the champ you deserve the belt.

take the belt from the champ is a common concept across more than one sport

too bad Hendricks didnt punch with his full power i guess :sarcasm: maybe if he had put it all into the fight then GSP would have got knocked out we wont know unless they fight again - I thought Gustafsson beat Jones but he handled not getting the decision much better than Hendricks did

the fight was way closer than people were saying imho

yea Condit hit him with that kick which was much more damaging than anything Hendricks hit him with his head ballooned up like crazy after

anyhow all just my opinion but fact is GSP retained his belt no matter what all the people thought

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He should just walk away for good. God knows what kind of damage he has that can't be fixed. He's given enough, he's done enough, he was the best, he doesn't need to do it anymore.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Good for him.

Dana White and all the classless UFC fans kinda turn me off the sport. What a bunch of dim witted douches.

HABS win CUPS*

lols Hendricks vs fing Robbie Lawlor is coming up for the vacated title what a replacement for GSP good luck with the ppv numbers dana

Andros777

Apr 12, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Suddenly the welterweight division seems kind of shallow.

Srsly Lawler?

Not saying he isn't good or anything but a rematch of Condit and Hendricks would have been a better draw and frankly just a better fight.

Kind of funny if you look at what Hendricks had to do to get to where he is right now compared to Lawler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad