UFC 167 GSP vs. Hendricks (UPD Post 774: GSP announces semi-retirement/title forfeit)

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Hendricks himself said he was only fighting at 75% for a TITLE BELT after the GSP fight - Dana told him he was nuts for saying that at the press conference

sorry Hendricks you dont win titles fighting at 75%

That's not what he said at all. He said he was throwing his power shots at 75% to last 5 rounds. He fought with everything he had.

thegreatgasby*

i dont think hes coming back...hes worth over 25 millions now..i thihk he will start playing in movie etc

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I love how this shuts up people who kept talking about concussions. The way GSP talked, it's more about obsessions.

His fight was a month ago, he could have had a concussion.
Anyways, the guy burnt out, that's all. He needs some time off, cool down, try to find that passion and innocent love for the sport, and then maybe come back. If not he'll just retire.

Polo*

Hendricks might be one hell of a fighter but what a disrespectful puke. GSP has dominated for so long and hendricks is so quick to basically call the guy a pansy. I used to like the guy until the more I listened to his interviews.

I mean hes no Diaz but hes still a goof.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I hope he takes at least 18 months off to take care of himself. If he decides to come back to MMA, I hope he comes back at Lightweight. He's a small Welterweight now, hell there's bigger 155er's than him. A two division champ would be huge for his legacy as well; not that he needs anything else to add.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I hope he takes at least 18 months off to take care of himself. If he decides to come back to MMA, I hope he comes back at Lightweight. He's a small Welterweight now, hell there's bigger 155er's than him. A two division champ would be huge for his legacy as well; not that he needs anything else to add.

Height-wise, i'd say he's pretty average. The guy is actually pretty huge in the division, muscle-wise. Cutting to 155 might not be healthy for GSP; and going to 185 will put him at a disadvantage in size and strength.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys are still cheering for him after this ...

9285320.jpg

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
take the belt from the champ is a common concept across more than one sport

too bad Hendricks didnt punch with his full power i guess :sarcasm: maybe if he had put it all into the fight then GSP would have got knocked out we wont know unless they fight again - I thought Gustafsson beat Jones but he handled not getting the decision much better than Hendricks did

the fight was way closer than people were saying imho

yea Condit hit him with that kick which was much more damaging than anything Hendricks hit him with his head ballooned up like crazy after

anyhow all just my opinion but fact is GSP retained his belt no matter what all the people thought

Well Hendricks clearly won it, not his fault that the judges are fools. Most people though Jones won that fight, difference is in this one most though Johnny won. Yes GSP retained the belt but most people will look at it as a loss.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
He doesn't even watch hockey

Maybe not anymore, but he did grow up an Oilers fan.

So let’s get the tough question out of the way first: Despite being a native Montrealer, you actually grew up an Oilers fan, right?
Georges St. Pierre: It’s true, the Oilers were my favorite team. I was a big fan of Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Esa Tikkanen, and Jari Kurri, that whole bunch of guys.​

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=52898

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

So let’s get the tough question out of the way first: Despite being a native Montrealer, you actually grew up an Oilers fan, right?
Georges St. Pierre: It’s true, the Oilers were my favorite team. I was a big fan of Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Esa Tikkanen, and Jari Kurri, that whole bunch of guys.​

Yeah he watched it in the past, but not anymore. I remember watching a media scrum where a reported asked him to tell Subban to sign and he said he doesn't watch hockey.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Height-wise, i'd say he's pretty average. The guy is actually pretty huge in the division, muscle-wise. Cutting to 155 might not be healthy for GSP; and going to 185 will put him at a disadvantage in size and strength.

Maybe not, I just remember his head trainer doing an interview a couple years back of how he'd recommend GSP to fight at 155 if Frankie wasn't the champ because they're all Renzo Gracie fighters. He also said that he manages a lot of fighters and GSP has the easiest weight cut. It is harder for him to keep the weight on because of his body type. So of course I don't know personally, but from his trainers comments he could fight at 155.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Umm...was gsp even old enough to watch those oiler teams or did he follow them via recordings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad