Speculation: UFAs: where do they sign?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
John Tavares - Sharks or Canadiens (This would give them an offensive spark)

John Carlson - resigns with Capitals (I wouldn't let him go, but maybe someone else?)

James Van Riemsdyk - Blackhawks or Hurricanes (This would add some depth to their wingers)

Ilya Kovalchuk - Rangers (Already in place)

Paul Stastny - reigns with Winnipeg (They shouldn't let him test out free agency, considering that he's their only veteran option at center besides Scheifele)

Evander Kane - resigns with Sharks (Losing a player like him in free agency would hurt them, unless if they sign someone similar or Tavares)

James Neal - resigns with Vegas (I wouldn't let go of him either)

David Perron - may resign with Vegas, could return to St. Louis, or sign with Anaheim (This would add some depth to their wingers as well if he left Vegas)

Mike Green - Panthers (Along with Yandle, Ekblad would feel more comfortable with some veteran presence at defense)

Michael Grabner - Arizona (Adding some scoring depth to their wingers wouldn't be such a bad idea IMO)

Rick Nash - may resign with Boston, or sign with the Hurricanes (Adding a winger like him might help Skinner improve)

Joe Thornton - resigns with Sharks (As longtime Shark, I don't see him leaving anytime soon)

Patrick Maroon - Colorado (Adding some depth to their wingers as well)

Calvin De Haan - resigns with Islanders (They should keep him, considering that Hamonic left them in 2017)

Thomas Vanek - Lightning (Not knowing the future of Kuntiz, Vanek would be a great, veteran option for them)

Tyler Bozak - resigns with Leafs (Same thing as Thornton, I don't picture him leaving Toronto anytime soon)

Ian Cole - Sabres (Adding some depth on defense wouldn't be a bad idea, he might even play with Dahlin who knows...)

Tomas Plekanec - returns to Montreal (He said that his heart was still in Montreal)

Leo Komarov - may resign with Leafs, could go to Flames or Jets (if they don't resign Stastny) (Adding some depth at center would help them out as well)

No to Bozak unless it’s about 2 million, he’s not worth more than that. Leafs need a change and opening up a couple spots for youngsters

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Some more to add:

Dan Hamhuis
Greg Pateryn
Antoine Roussel
Kari Lehtonen

Hamhuis:

Hurricanes (Would make Hanifin feel more comfortable with some veteran presence)
Panthers (Would make Ekblad feel more comfortable with some veteran presence along with Yandle)

Pateryn:

I don't know much about him, so I'm assuming that he can sign with anyone. He would add some defensive depth for any team that he signs with.

Roussel:

Any team that would benefit from having some scoring depth as a winger.

Lehtonen:

Penguins (backup and insurance to Murray), Sabres (a battle between Lehner and Lehtonen), Canucks (a battle between Markstrom, Nilsson, and Lehtonen, or if one of them leaves for free agency or gets traded), Oilers (backup and insurance to Talbot), Flames (if Smith shockingly leaves for free agency), and Panthers (if Luongo retires or leaves Florida).

I'm also assuming that Craig Anderson stays in Ottawa and Frederik Andersen stays in Toronto. Although, I'm unsure of Halak's future with the Islanders. Allen and Hutton may stay in St Louis as well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My question re Tavares in MTL.
Why is he going there to be the best player by a mile? Didn’t he have to that on the Island for like 7-8 years?

I know for money, but the guy will get his 9-10+ million regardless.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It's amazing the lack of respect Tobias Enstrom gets both from Jets fans and hockey fans in general.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
My question re Tavares in MTL.
Why is he going there to be the best player by a mile? Didn’t he have to that on the Island for like 7-8 years?

I know for money, but the guy will get his 9-10+ million regardless.

We have Price and Weber. How is he going to be the best player by a mile?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I actually see NJ making a splash. Do they have room for both Carlson and JVR?

Last edited:

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Hamhuis:

Hurricanes (Would make Hanifin feel more comfortable with some veteran presence)
Panthers (Would make Ekblad feel more comfortable with some veteran presence along with Yandle)

Pateryn:

I don't know much about him, so I'm assuming that he can sign with anyone. He would add some defensive depth for any team that he signs with.

Roussel:

Any team that would benefit from having some scoring depth as a winger.

Lehtonen:

Penguins (backup and insurance to Murray), Sabres (a battle between Lehner and Lehtonen), Canucks (a battle between Markstrom, Nilsson, and Lehtonen, or if one of them leaves for free agency or gets traded), Oilers (backup and insurance to Talbot), Flames (if Smith shockingly leaves for free agency), and Panthers (if Luongo retires or leaves Florida).

I'm also assuming that Craig Anderson stays in Ottawa and Frederik Andersen stays in Toronto. Although, I'm unsure of Halak's future with the Islanders. Allen and Hutton may stay in St Louis as well.
There is no chance that we add another goalie to the mix. Demko looks like he could be ready for the backup job next year so we basically already have a 3 goalie competition set up for next years camp unless Nilson is moved.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
As a Canucks fan, I'd take Vanek back for a year or two. He was solid for us this year, and I think he could help some of our young guys who will start to crack the roster next year. I'd also think about Hamhuis. He'd likely sign for less to come end his career in Van, and could be a good mentor for guys like Jouleve and Brisbois.

A couple of shorter stop gap deals for next year, and save the big money for the following year.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
As a Canucks fan, I'd take Vanek back for a year or two. He was solid for us this year, and I think he could help some of our young guys who will start to crack the roster next year. I'd also think about Hamhuis. He'd likely sign for less to come end his career in Van, and could be a good mentor for guys like Jouleve and Brisbois.

A couple of shorter stop gap deals for next year, and save the big money for the following year.
I would take Hamhuis back too, provided that we can move MDZ first. The blueline is already stupidly crowded with not a lot of quality- LD: Edler, MDZ, Pouliot, Hutton, Juolevi- RD: Tanev, Stecher, Gudbrandson, Biega.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
There is no chance that we add another goalie to the mix. Demko looks like he could be ready for the backup job next year so we basically already have a 3 goalie competition set up for next years camp unless Nilson is moved.
That's true, but who's better IYO:

Leht, Mark, or Nil?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
John Tavares Vegas
John Carlson Vegas
James Van Riemsdyk NJ
Ilya Kovalchuk NYR
Paul Stastny NYI
Evander Kane San Jose
James Neal St Louis
David Perron Vegas
Mike Green Montreal
Michael Grabner Vancouver
Rick Nash Columbus
Joe Thornton San Jose
Patrick Maroon Anaheim
Calvin De Hana Washington
Thomas Vanek Vancouver
Tyler Bozak Vancouver
Ian Cole Pittsburgh
Tomas Plekanec Montreal
Leo Komarov Buffalo

Reactions: McLovin

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I want Grabner, Perron and Maroon on the Blues, plus new deals for Hutton, Brodziak and Soshnikov (followed by a Blues trade for O'Reilly).
Walman, Thomas, Kyrou, Blais and Husso graduate.

Perron--O'Reilly--Tarasenko
Schwartz--Schennn--Kyrou
Maroon--Thomas--Grabner
Sanford--Brodziak--Soshnikov
Blais--Thorburn

Edmundson--Pietrangelo
Dunn--Parayko
Walman--Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Hutton--Husso

Out: Fabbri, Sobotka, Steen, Barbashev, Berglund, Thompson, Jaskin, Gunnarsson, Bouwmeester, Schmaltz and Allen.
Who's the top 3 picks in 2019? I heard it's a great draft...and this is a lottery roster.

Reactions: 67Blues

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
John Tavares San jose
John Carlson leafs
James Van Riemsdyk Devils
Ilya Kovalchuk rangers
Paul Stastny Habs
Evander Kane sharks
James Neal vegas
David Perron Vegas
Mike Green mtl
Michael Grabner rangers
Rick Nash too old
Joe Thornton see rick nash
Patrick Maroon who knows
Calvin De Hana Det
Thomas Vanek doesn't matter will be traded to a 9th place team at deadline
Tyler Bozak islanders
Ian Cole oilers
Tomas Plekanec Mtl
Leo Komarov europe

uh how is nash too old? he’s not even 35 dude.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
John Tavares NY Islanders
John Carlson Buffalo
James Van Riemsdyk Anaheim
Ilya Kovalchuk Dallas
Paul Stastny Montreal
Evander Kane San Jose
James Neal Vegas
David Perron Vegas
Mike Green Washington
Michael Grabner NY Rangers
Rick Nash Boston
Joe Thornton San Jose
Patrick Maroon Edmonton
Calvin De Haan Ottawa
Thomas Vanek New Jersey
Tyler Bozak Pittsburgh
Ian Cole Montreal
Tomas Plekanec Florida
Leo Komarov Colorado

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
I thought it was pretty known that he was likely going back. No chance the Leafs get John Carlson, I simply can't see it.

LMFAO !! Plekanecs is NOT going back to Montreal. Do not want that p***y anywhere near my team anymore. And if Bergevin does take him back he will be fired on the spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad