Speculation: UFAs: where do they sign?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I'd be a little surprised if the Sabres don't sign Grabner given what Botterill has been saying about finding speedy wingers.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
No security for JT. A bit of risk because injuries happen.
Ok, help me out here, but I thought 14 million per year (42 Million) gives him lots of security, and puts him back into the market before his value goes down.

At least that is why I "thought" I was over paying....maybe I am not?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Ok, help me out here, but I thought 14 million per year (42 Million) gives him lots of security, and puts him back into the market before his value goes down.

At least that is why I "thought" I was over paying....maybe I am not?
Lets say he gets seriously hurt and either his overall game degrades or the injury is serious enough that he has to go on LTIR. If he signed for your deal, he'd pocket $42M. If he signed a 7x11, he'd pocket $77M.

Furthermre, let's say his productivity takes a rapid decline on his new team, then at the end of the 3 year deal, he may only be worth a $7M contract for 4 years, so his total would only be $60M and he's probably changed teams again.

Most players would opt for a longer term at less money. That is why you can go 8 years at less money than 7 years typically.

Reactions: zcaptain

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Lets say he gets seriously hurt and either his overall game degrades or the injury is serious enough that he has to go on LTIR. If he signed for your deal, he'd pocket $42M. If he signed a 7x11, he'd pocket $77M.

Furthermre, let's say his productivity takes a rapid decline on his new team, then at the end of the 3 year deal, he may only be worth a $7M contract for 4 years, so his total would only be $60M and he's probably changed teams again.

Most players would opt for a longer term at less money. That is why you can go 8 years at less money than 7 years typically.
Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts.....and agree with your points.......just as a counter........what if we only wants to play a couple of years after that.......maybe the travel is grinding on him and his family.........I understand where you are coming from.........but maybe I make it 15 million per ...lol.............seriously, thanks for the mature response....I appreciate it

Reactions: 67Blues

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Haha well played, I would like the post but I can’t lol

i_hug_that_feel.png

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
We have Price and Weber. How is he going to be the best player by a mile?
:laugh: You’re not making a strong case.

Why would he ever want to play for a team managed by an incompetent GM?

So many better options and suitors out there. I think the habs need to be realistic, I can see them singing bozak.... now that’s a signing your GM would make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad