Dreger: UFA rights to be traded?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs have probably the least amount of picks in the league right now and a ton of guys that are about to walk out of the door.

I'd deal the rights to Kadri, Kuemper, Manson or Burakovksy in a heartbeat right now (once Sakic has made sure that they won't be back of course).
Even Nuke if it has to happen.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Avs have probably the least amount of picks in the league right now and a ton of guys that are about to walk out of the door.

I'd deal the rights to Kadri, Kuemper, Manson or Burakovksy in a heartbeat right now (once Sakic has made sure that they won't be back of course).
Even Nuke if it has to happen.
I'd deal Chytil or Kakko for Kadri's rights

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Watch the video . Ferraro says it would suck to develop a player into a star , and have them walk for nothing. That eliminates quite a few players. Like a Kadri. Avs didn’t develop him. Listening to them speak , it’s not about some average Joe or someone that has only been there a year or two.
To me sounds like Gaudreau or Forsberg but Friedman says talks with Forsberg are ongoing and he feels like him signing is close.
My guess is Johhny .
What I don’t get is Dredger says he gave a clue.WTF ? The 🔥?
Lol . Waaaaaaay too much speculation buts it’s fun and interesting .

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Watch the video . Ferraro says it would suck to develop a player into a star , and have them walk for nothing. That eliminates quite a few players. Like a Kadri. Avs didn’t develop him. Listening to them speak , it’s not about some average Joe or someone that has only been there a year or two.
To me sounds like Gaudreau or Forsberg but Friedman says talks with Forsberg are ongoing and he feels like him signing is close.
My guess is Johhny .
How would Ferraro know who Dreger is talking about necessarily?

Sure could be Gaudreau or Forsberg as well tbh but still..

@AirGut :
I'd gladly do that but I doubt that Drury would.

Reactions: Richard88

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
How would Ferraro know who Dreger is talking about necessarily?

Sure could be Gaudreau or Forsberg as well tbh but still..

@AirGut :
I'd gladly do that but I doubt that Drury would.
I’m sure they talked with each other prior to doig their piece . Weird he didn’t say drafted though and just said developed… Maybe it is Forsberg or maybe we have no damn clue and it’s just a pile of horseshit .

Some people are getting so paranoid that they think the little flame in the title is the hint Dredger is alluding to….
LOL.
I have to listen again but didn’t Dredger say that we will find out today / later today ?

Around 18-19 second mark he mumbles something about find out later today or maybe he just says later.

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don't think Ferraro knew who Dreger was talking about.
I don’t think so either . Also sounds like Dredger says something about the GM won’t be able to sign his player”S” . As in plural? Lol I don’t know . Then it sounds more like a team with multiple UFA ‘s. Hurry up and wait I guess to see what shakes out . My guess is it’s not really that earth shattering .

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
As Dreger ages, for some reason he reminds me more and more of Martin Sheen.

Ferraro sure seemed like it's Gaudreau. "It's gotta be deflating to a team...you've got a free agent coming up...that you've developed and you've seen this player turn into a star. You've made your best offer, your owner says that's it, your cap says that's it. And you're like 'thats it, we're gonna lose him.' "

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The earlier noise about Boston and Seattle both being able and willing to write a $8-10m check for Kadri suggests that one of them may make a move for his rights.

At that sort of AAV it probably makes sense to acquire him to get an 8th year to push the AAV down and also to beat another teams overall package.

For example, $8mx8 ($64m) is more than $9mx7 ($63m), and also keeps the AAV down by $1m which could be important for a team like Boston who want to be competitive in the next couple of years.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Gaudreau sounds like he knows where he wants to be.

Reminds me of when Buffalo traded for Vesey's rights thinking they can convince him despite it being public knowledge he wanted to go to the rangers.

I'd be shocked if it was Gaudreau

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'd deal Chytil or Kakko for Kadri's rights
Done

My guess is Johhny .
Sounds like Nuke from Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad