GDT: UFA frenzy - Noon today (7/1) - its finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
It could have been leaked on the other end. Like for the Minny trade the rumblings were coming from the Minny reporters side. Whatever, we didn't get him. Can we put the Shatty talk in the past now as it's kinda irrelevant.

Not really. You don't see too many leaks from agents to bolster FA worth this early in FA. That's a good way of f'ing your reputation.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Still haven't seen anything happen with Winnik. I'd be satisfied if they added him as a bottom-six LW and then called it a day. There are likely a couple more AHL signings and some trade potential in the coming weeks, but it's a long summer.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Kane should be staying. There's absolutely no reason to trade him now unless the offer is irresistible.

Absolutely no reason? He has 1 year left. Nothing has even changed forward-wise. Folingo and Ennis have both been upgraded. I get we landed Scandella, but the same reasons for trading Kane still exist.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Absolutely no reason? He has 1 year left. Nothing has even changed forward-wise. Folingo and Ennis have both been upgraded. I get we landed Scandella, but the same reasons for trading Kane still exist.

Kane can be re-signed on the same AAV without causing problems for Jack or Sam contracts. I say we stop being desperate to sell one of our top 3 goalscorers.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Right, but this team should have the mindset of transitioning into a playoff team, so I'm not interested in trading him now for futures unless it's an over the top offer. It made sense to trade him for a defenseman, but now that's out of the equation.

I love the way Kane fits into the system, so there aren't many options out there that seem intriguing if his supposed value is true. If the team falls flat on their face again this year, then trade him at the deadline.

I'm on the wait and see boat with Kane.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Kane can be re-signed on the same AAV without causing problems for Jack or Sam contracts. I say we stop being desperate to sell one of our top 3 goalscorers.

That assumes Kane wants to be here next Summer. I am not so sure that is the case.

Still, I look at Dallas and I really don't see too many assets I would be excited to acquire that they would likely offer.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
That assumes Kane wants to be here next Summer. I am not so sure that is the case.

Still, I look at Dallas and I really don't see too many assets I would be excited to acquire that they would likely offer.

He seems quite happy to me. If we do well next year and give him a contract to his liking I think he will re-sign. I assume Botts would kind of know by now and if he doesn't see much chance of resigning him he can flip him at the deadline with retention and quite possibly get a 1st for him. 0 reason to trade him now right now, unless we can exchange him for 2 decent wingers with term.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

What are you basing this line of nonsense on?

You think he's not going to want a raise. And he's going to want to stay in the small market despite being...you know...Kane. And you've decided this is all true.

On top of that you've decided that it's even a good idea when he has gotten into off ice trouble repeatedly and you don't know how he is in the room.

In your fantasy world you are always right.

In reality there are more reasons to move on than not to.

He'll even at the same price are you sure it works?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
What are you basing this line of nonsense on?

You think he's not going to want a raise. And he's going to want to stay in the small market despite being...you know...Kane. And you've decided this is all true.

On top of that you've decided that it's even a good idea when he has gotten into off ice trouble repeatedly and you don't know how he is in the room.

In your fantasy world you are always right.

In reality there are more reasons to move on than not to.

He'll even at the same price are you sure it works?

I know that Botts would know if he can re-sign him and go along based on that decision. But you must surely know better than our GM.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Kulikov :laugh:

Big talk for a guy who's had 1.5 good seasons in his career. Keep living off that draft pedigree, comrade.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulikov should have said going to Buffalo broke his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad