GDT: UFA frenzy - Noon today (7/1) - its finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
They can retain now too you know.

Real money matters too to some extend. I will leave Botts to do whatever he wants to do. He knows better than me and Ace form HF boards. If he decides to trade him it's probably for a good reason. If he stays, again it's probably with a good reason. We have a competent GM, let him do whatever he judges best.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don't the Sabres usually call a presser at the end of the day on 7/1 when they're just about done in FA? Wonder if Botterill is still working on some deals today.

I bet he's hiding from Gionta questions lol

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Again...at the deadline you are only getting futures. We are better off with an NHL ready trade IMO.

I'd take a first in a deep 2018 draft over a rubbish return now cause everyone is in cap trouble. Stop spamming this as if it's a bad thing ok?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Interested to know the type of return you would be after here.

I would look at a desperate team who misses out on a scoring winger here...so like Dallas or Montreal whoever doesn't get Radulov...and see if a return package can include a more developed young winger that Botterill liked. If you wait until the deadline the return is going to be picks which are years away.

Those two teams in particular seem to be under the gun to make big steps now. I'm sure there are others.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I would look at a desperate team who misses out on a scoring winger here...so like Dallas or Montreal whoever doesn't get Radulov...and see if a return package can include a more developed young winger that Botterill liked. If you wait until the deadline the return is going to be picks which are years away.

Those two teams in particular seem to be under the gun to make big steps now. I'm sure there are others.

NEWSFLASH we need to replace Kane with a scoring winger if we are trading him. If a team is looking for that do you think they have spares to send our way? :laugh:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Again...at the deadline you are only getting futures. We are better off with an NHL ready trade IMO.

We'd be trading from a position of need, so that makes it more difficult. Also, Kane has reportedly been in numerous trade talks but has yet to be dealt, so I'm assuming his value isn't all that high.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If they stopped pursuing Shattenkirk, I'll hold him accountable that either Bogosian or Antipin looks good playing top 4 minutes next year. That's the implicit wager there.

It's not an unreasonable wager, but it's silly to say we're all set.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
NEWSFLASH we need to replace Kane with a scoring winger if we are trading him. If a team is looking for that do you think they have spares to send our way? :laugh:

So you think it's impossible that a team would trade a roster player who can be under contract control longer in a package to get what they think is a better player now....

But you are sure you can sign Kane to the same money.

Fascinating.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We'd be trading from a position of need, so that makes it more difficult. Also, Kane has reportedly been in numerous trade talks but has yet to be dealt, so I'm assuming his value isn't all that high.

Only fixed info on Kane we have is what Botts said the other day "Him and Housley have had several good talks with Kane, so far and no agreement on extension". Nothing more, nothing less. The rest was rumours and were from weeks ago before we lost Carrier, Foligno and Ennis and only got 1 NHL LW back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad