UEFA Europa League Qualifying Rounds 2020-21

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Milan were the better team and deserved at least a draw. United were poor and got lucky with Kessie's goal. Improved a little at the beginning of the 2nd half, great ball by Bruno and header by Diallo. Maguire should score, James should do better with his chance and Henderson should do better with the equaliser.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Happy with the win. An okay performance, but I want us to create a little more. We won on some moments of brilliance from unusual players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It is has to be finalised at this point that Ceballos will never wear an Arsenal kit again. The amount of goals we cause because of our own fault is ridiculous, has to be the top in all of Europe easily. Arsenal would be in the CL if it wasn't for all these self inflected mistakes.

Great goal by Odegaard (though absolutely horrendous goalkeeping), but El Neny had to challenge with a cracker of his own and IMHO a superior goal. Not sure how El Neny learned to score like that using the outside of his football, but brilliant. Three away goals puts Arsenal in a good spot.

Also LOL at Man United needing VAR help to ovecome the draw against lonely Milan. They played them off the pitch and were unfortunate to not go back to Milan with a 3-1 series lead.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It is has to be finalised at this point that Ceballos will never wear an Arsenal kit again. The amount of goals we cause because of our own fault is ridiculous, has to be the top in all of Europe easily. Arsenal would be in the CL if it wasn't for all these self inflected mistakes.

Great goal by Odegaard (though absolutely horrendous goalkeeping), but El Neny had to challenge with a cracker of his own and IMHO a superior goal. Not sure how El Neny learned to score like that using the outside of his football, but brilliant. Three away goals puts Arsenal in a good spot.

Also LOL at Man United needing VAR help to ovecome the draw against lonely Milan. They played them off the pitch and were unfortunate to not go back to Milan with a 3-1 series lead.

Maybe not in a CL spot, but at least competing for it.

The amount of self-inflected wounds is incredible. I think a part of it as to do with coaching. They ALWAYS try to play the ball out of their area by passing it. Multiple players, including Leno. Teams know it and press high, yet, we still try to keep control of the ball instead of kicking it forward and winning races for it. I mean, I am not advocating for kick and run, but you have to recognize the situation you are in and make the smart play. How many times have they tried to keep control of the ball low in their half against a high press? When multiple players do it game after game after game and you do not see an adjustment, you have to start blaming the system/manager. They lose MANY balls deep in their own half every single game. They are LUCKY not to conceed more goals.

That being said, no excuses for Ceballos. It is like 3 times in a row.

Reactions: S E P H

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo’s manager has been given a prison sentence (4 years and 8 months) days before the Spurs match :sarcasm: Technically he can still manage against Spurs but by law he will have to be fired within a week. My guess he joins his brother in exodus in Bosnia

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So the guy lives freely in Bosnia enjoying his millions while still operating the club and nothing is done to get him to serve his sentence???

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
is this the Mamic Brothers were talking about?

Yes, Zdravko is in “hiding” in Bosnia while his brother Zoran is basically manager and sporting director. However today he resigned, my guess is he tries to go to Bosnia too now. Funny thing is Zoran wasn’t terrible manager, he managed in the Asian CL final and had Dinamo competitive in Europe

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
So the guy lives freely in Bosnia enjoying his millions while still operating the club and nothing is done to get him to serve his sentence???

What can they do? Send someone to illegally capture him and bring him into Croatia? He has dual-citizenship and Bosnia is refusing to extradite him.

As for Zoran, can't stand the guy, but he is obviously a very good manager. Dinamo is playing very well under him and he did well in his other stops as well. Too bad for them that he is a crook.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Only watched the team once when they played Spurs in the 1st leg, but I was impressed by how well organized they were. Definitely well coached based on that game. Not that Spurs will hammer you anyway, but Spurs have played quite a few PL teams less well drilled than Zagreb.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
What can they do? Send someone to illegally capture him and bring him into Croatia? He has dual-citizenship and Bosnia is refusing to extradite him.

As for Zoran, can't stand the guy, but he is obviously a very good manager. Dinamo is playing very well under him and he did well in his other stops as well. Too bad for them that he is a crook.
So will they let him go to Bosnia?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Really quiet so far, probably the most boring time in CL-Europa play in recent memory.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Haven't been too many juicy matchups or huge upsets other than Juve, that might have something to do with it. Even the PSG Barca fixture isn't what it once was, so no real surprises. Hoping that the draws for the quarters give us some fun matchups.

As for Europa, its funny because United v Milan is as big a tie as you can hope for, but even that's been a pretty tame affair. Milan were better than us in large stretches and honestly deserved the tie, which sucks, but forces United to be a bit more attack minded today. Hoping for a more complete game, some much needed creativity possibly coming back after that string of injuries.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Good thing Spurs aren't playing in the Croatian league. Would get absolutely trashed week in and week out.

This team is beyond frustrating to watch. I get that you can't always be at your best, but the kind of performances you get when the team is off is just embarrassing.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not that Zagreb are a bad team. Again they show they are very well coached. And they scored a brilliant goal.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Not that Zagreb are a bad team. Again they show they are very well coached. And they scored a brilliant goal.
Dinamo, not Zagreb. Zagreb is a one time Croatian champ that currently plays in the 4th division.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Good thing Spurs aren't playing in the Croatian league. Would get absolutely trashed week in and week out.

This team is beyond frustrating to watch. I get that you can't always be at your best, but the kind of performances you get when the team is off is just embarrassing.
Dinamo trashed Krasnodar, CSKA, Feynoor and Wolfsberger to get this far. They also got scored on once in the 6 group games. This isn't just Spurs playing below standards, Dinamo are a pretty good team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pouchkine

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think one excludes the other.

Not suggesting Spurs should just trash Zagreb, but they should be capable of at least keeping the ball occasionally.

Too many Dynamos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad