UEFA Europa League 2021-22

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
This was the single worst refeering perfomance I've seen this year. Missed yellow cards, missed penalty, a couple of missed advantages in play, where did they find this bloke?

Felt bad for Tavernier and I can't understand why a player of his quality is at Rangers, while the likes of United play Dalot and AWB, but Frankfurt deserved the win. Bad sub by their coach though to take out the Scandinavian for Hauge, he was absolutely useless and Frankfurt's offensive game died right there.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
This was the single worst refeering perfomance I've seen this year. Missed yellow cards, missed penalty, a couple of missed advantages in play, where did they find this bloke?

Felt bad for Tavernier and I can't understand why a player of his quality is at Rangers, while the likes of United play Dalot and AWB, but Frankfurt deserved the win. Bad sub by their coach though to take out the Scandinavian for Hauge, he was absolutely useless and Frankfurt's offensive game died right there.
tavernier is shit defensively. surprised a lower end prem team hasnt signed him tho.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No the Europa League winners spot is it’s own spot. Five German teams made it now. Some other team gets screwed down the line and will have to play an extra qualifier.

Maybe Malmo were dropped based on their coefficient being the highest on their qual.round. I guess it depends what happens with Ukraine clubs, can they play already in July/August and where.

There's a possibility that Frankfurt will end up in the CL group with Barcelona.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1652916714075.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He was obviously never going to replacr what Silva (or Jovic) could do, but he has a hell of a motor and (as you allude to) his knack for finding the right spaces and seams has improved quite a bit over the season.

I take Borre over “service me” Silva in a lot of situations. I know he was lethal for them, but holy f*** does he offer little beyond in the box poaching. Dude’s a modern Jancker.

Definitely been a game where both teams look afraid of losing but when they find themselves in attacking places they don't know what to do. Rangers not helped in this regard by not playing a striker.

Frankfurt’s a weird team. They don’t defend well & they’re not good in possession but they can be lethal on the counter & create a lot of chaos when they bring their best effort.

Not undeserved, but certainly a weird / flukey run to European glory…which is kind of their brand…

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No the Europa League winners spot is it’s own spot. Five German teams made it now. Some other team gets screwed down the line and will have to play an extra qualifier.
And best of all, I can point out that Union is a decidedly better team than one of the BuLi’s CL reps next season…without people thinking that I’m joking.

Guess we’ll just have to win the EL over Freiburg next year :yo:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Horrible game but it was nice seeing different teams and players in the final

Said it before, but I've loved this years Europa League and Conference League knockout stages. They've had a real old school vibe to them, and it feels like they're getting back to the respect levels that the UEFA Cup and CWC used to have, where teams wanted to win them and it was a real special achievement to do so.

Or at least in England, they might have felt like that all along on the continent. Now if they could get rid of the 3rd place UCL team dropping into the Europa League, and give them a little bit more prize money, that would be even better.

Reactions: cgf

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Tavernier is at Rangers because it's a team where just about any one of the players he plays with are worth more than the entire squad of whichever domestic team they're playing on any given week. He doesn't defend because he can get away with it. He was horrible last night.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Tavernier is at Rangers because it's a team where just about any one of the players he plays with are worth more than the entire squad of whichever domestic team they're playing on any given week. He doesn't defend because he can get away with it. He was horrible last night.
I think you're being unfair to Europa League's top goalscorer this year (and from right back!) He also captained a team that had no business going as far as it did. The other night he played against Eintracht's best player and kept his in check as much as he could, that assist Kostic got was kind of a fluke play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad