UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying Part 3

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Norway hit the post right before halftime, would have been a key goal but in reality prior to that chance they didn't do much

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Norway look nowhere near close to scoring twice, they have a little over 20 minutes. Hungary themselves very comfortable over these two legs but in all reality these are two below average teams who would have no business of qualifying in a 16-team Euro

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hungary has played really smart. Sure they've had some margins on their side but they definitely looked like the team with a better game plan all along.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
tie over, Hungary score after a fortunate deflection off the post onto the goalkeepers arm and into the net. Norway simply didn't do enough this match

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hungary qualify for the Euros! 3:1 on aggregate over Norway. For Hungary their first tournament since 1986 and their first Euro since 1972. Wasn't really impressed with them from what I saw in qualifying, they defend well but have little creativity going forward, probably one of the weaker teams in the competition next summer

Norway lack any sort of creativity too, the fact they had to rely on a 16 year old kid in this important fixture says it all

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Hungary qualify for the Euros! 3:1 on aggregate over Norway. For Hungary their first tournament since 1986 and their first Euro since 1972. Wasn't really impressed with them from what I saw in qualifying, they defend well but have little creativity going forward, probably one of the weaker teams in the competition next summer

Norway lack any sort of creativity too, the fact they had to rely on a 16 year old kid in this important fixture says it all

Norway lacked a proper striker. They did create chances but their finishing was awful.

Your assesment of Hungary is spot on, the only reason they even had a chance to qualify was because Greece failed spectacularly.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
part of me likes that teams such as Iceland and Hungary are making it, clealry thanks to the new added teams format. But yeah, I'm going to miss the several mouth watering groups of death the Euros would always serve up when 16 teams were only allowed.

Iceland were the first team to qualify for the tournament, so you can't lump them in with Hungary.

Speaking of Hungary, a team with an old man in cotton trackies will be at the tournament and Scotland won't, ****ing hell

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Gone are the massive intense matches from game 1 or insane groups and knockout ties from the start.

Now we'll have teams knowing a couple draws and finishing third in their group will qualify them for the knockouts..and in fact might get a more beneficial matchup due to playing some second place teams and not first.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Gone are the massive intense matches from game 1 or insane groups and knockout ties from the start.

Now we'll have teams knowing a couple draws and finishing third in their group will qualify them for the knockouts..and in fact might get a more beneficial matchup due to playing some second place teams and not first.

didn't help the Dutch, did it?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ireland only make one change with Jonathan Walters coming in for Stephen Ward, Brady drops back to left back. O'Shea and Long on the bench. Bosnia make three changes, including two in the back line. Ibisevic also drops to the bench with BiH only playing one up front

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Cocalic might be the worst player I've ever seen. Teammates are looking him off when he's open as they know he'll just give it away or do something stupid. Can't tackle worth ****, can't mark worth ****, and loses every challenge. It's an embarrassment.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
penalty to Ireland, the Bosnians were really in panic mode last few minutes

harsh call, hand was near his side

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
easy finish by Walters, harsh on Bosnia but BiH were really all over the place last few minutes.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
is it me or has Kiraly been the Hungary goalie for like...forever?

Hungary must have a better option somewhere, he was a emergency backup for Fulham last Year in the Championship, and was perhaps the worst goalie I've ever seen play at that level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad