UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds 2020-21

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My point was that as a Union fan, you are all sellouts. So it's funny seeing you all pointing at one another going 'yeah, but they're worse sellouts' & 'f*** those new sellouts' :laugh:

LOL I have a memory of my Dad calling me a sellout at a young age (he was joking) for saying I liked Henry and Arsenal.... He tried to make me just a Brighton fan but it didn't work out.

Moral of the story I guess my 10 year old self stopped me from joining the "F*** those sellout" chorus :laugh:

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
My point was that as a Union fan, you are all sellouts. So it's funny seeing you all pointing at one another going 'yeah, but they're worse sellouts' & 'f*** those new sellouts' :laugh:

Right. Makes sense.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Juve, Barca and BVB maybe, but doubt it. Real and Bayern, yes. Lol at the person saying Atletico.
Atletico, Milan etc. isn t impossible. EPL is not a Superleague despite plenty of money.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

How can I forgot lol

Juve, Barca and BVB maybe, but doubt it. Real and Bayern, yes. Lol at the person saying Atletico.

You're actually incredibly ignorant its crazy. BVB is a maybe but Atleti is a LOL? They made it as far as any english side last year and might win la liga this year. I dont say this often enough but delete your account you're not even worth 5 mins. There definitely should be an age restriction on this board.

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LOL I have a memory of my Dad calling me a sellout at a young age (he was joking) for saying I liked Henry and Arsenal.... He tried to make me just a Brighton fan but it didn't work out.

Moral of the story I guess my 10 year old self stopped me from joining the "F*** those sellout" chorus :laugh:

For me the crowd at an Union match is one of my earliest memories, so I didn't need a relative to make me feel like a sellout when I started cheering for Gladbach in the first division...though it was easier to justify to myself when I was convinced that Union would never play 1st division football :laugh:

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
"Classic clubs", "feel like the CL", etc. is all arbitrary and meaningless. Why do you value success from an arbitrary point in time that you decide over success from other times?

Why don't you consider Everton and Aston Villa "classic" clubs. Everton has the same number of pre-EPL championships as Arsenal does, and Aston Villa only has 2 fewer.

Seems like you are entirely basing this on your personal nostalgia from a specific time period.

Yeah, very specific time period clouded by personal bias. Its like my grandfather lamented that a club (Arsenal) with no history other than being largely terrible and not winning anything, suddenly started to win with big money injections in the 1930's for the next 24 years. He was happy though, that they returned being mostly irrelevant for the next 35 years winning only one league title during the rest of his life.

Reactions: cgf and Blender

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, very specific time period clouded by personal bias. Its like my grandfather lamented that a club (Arsenal) with no history other than being largely terrible and not winning anything, suddenly started to win with big money injections in the 1930's for the next 24 years. He was happy though, that they returned being mostly irrelevant for the next 35 years winning only one league title during the rest of his life.

Arsenal have been relevant for longer than any other english side, as you would know if you read up on football history. They are second in the all time top flight table which doesn't happen by accident.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal have been relevant for longer than any other english side, as you would know if you read up on football history. They are second in the all time top flight table which doesn't happen by accident.
More relevant than Manchester United, who has won titles in almost every decade going back to 1907?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It's almost impressive how thoroughly you missed his point.

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
How can I forgot lol

You're actually incredibly ignorant its crazy. BVB is a maybe but Atleti is a LOL? They made it as far as any english side last year and might win la liga this year. I dont say this often enough but delete your account you're not even worth 5 mins. There definitely should be an age restriction on this board.

Spanish football has fallen so far, the standard of Atletico - Barca at the weekend was a joke. Atletico don't have a single outlet and you can't succeed without those

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
More relevant than Manchester United, who has won titles in almost every decade going back to 1907?

Arsenal have won league titles in every decade since the 1930s besides two. United did not win in the 70s, 80s, 30s or 40s and are far behind Arsenal in the all time league table

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spanish football has fallen so far, the standard of Atletico - Barca at the weekend was a joke. Atletico don't have a single outlet and you can't succeed without those
Llorente, Felix, Correa arent outlets? They sit above Real. Like I said they made as far as any English side last CL. You're kidding yourself.

Reactions: Blender

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Llorente, Felix, Correa arent outlets? They sit above Real. Like I said they made as far as any English side last CL. You're kidding yourself.

They are not genuine outlets, no. Selling Morata was a huge mistake. We will see, I am sure I will be proven right at the end of the season. Remember this.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I hate United, but to suggest Arsenal are a bigger club is just hilarious. One side is less relevant than Villa or Leeds when talking about European succes the other is one of the more storied European competitors.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They are not genuine outlets, no. Selling Morata was a huge mistake. We will see, I am sure I will be proven right at the end of the season. Remember this.
2/3 are starters for Arsenal. Just ask LFC if Llorente is an outlet. BTW this isn't the same player that was on Spurs as Im sure you thought he was. Felix was sold for 100 million if he isn't an outlet than who is? I don't know why Im still bothering tbh.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
2/3 are starters for Arsenal. Just ask LFC if Llorente is an outlet. BTW this isn't the same player that was on Spurs as Im sure you thought he was. Felix was sold for 100 million if he isn't an outlet than who is? I don't know why Im still bothering tbh.

Don’t think you know what outlet means. I mean a transitional threat and runner in behind, that definately is not Felix biggest strength. Marcos Llorente and Correa are not top class outlets, no chance. And yeah, 2/3 start for Arsenal but that does not matter in this discussion. So far I have been proven right about most things I have said so just wait and see

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don’t think you know what outlet means. I mean a transitional threat and runner in behind, that definately is not Felix biggest strength. Marcos Llorente and Correa are not top class outlets, no chance. And yeah, 2/3 start for Arsenal but that does not matter in this discussion. So far I have been proven right about most things I have said so just wait and see

I appreciate the effort you're putting into topping yourself, but this isn't as funny as your last gem. Stick to more specific absurd claims, that clicks more with the audience.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well thats a very narrow way of looking at anything really. They don't have a world class counter attack player... so what exactly? The only thing proven is your lack of knowledge in anything not related to Arsenal (including Arsenal)...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well thats a very narrow way of looking at anything really. They don't have a world class counter attack player... so what exactly? The only thing proven is your lack of knowledge in anything not related to Arsenal (including Arsenal)...

If you think Simeones system isn’t heavily dependent on world class counter attacking players I can’t believe you have watched Atletico.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad