UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds 2017/18

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
what scenarios would put Liverpool thru to the next round ?

As long as they don't allow 2 or more goals in a 1 goal loss or lose by more than 1 they are through.

It will be decided by extra time or penos if the score is 1-2 for hoffenheim.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
what scenarios would put Liverpool thru to the next round ?

Draw, Liverpool win, or 1-0 Hoffenheim win mean Liverpool move on.

Any Liverpool loss in which they lose by 2 or more (ie 2-0 or 3-1), or Hoffenheim scores 3 or more goals (ie 3-2 or 4-3) means Hoffenheim moves through.

A 2-1 Hoffenheim win today means it would go to ET and away goes also applies after ET.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool: Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum; Mane, Salah, Firmino

Substitutes: Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Robertson, Milner, Sturridge, Solanke

It's pretty clear this midfield doesn't work well together but Klopp keeps going back to it. Bleh. Would much prefer seeing the 4-2-3-1 again it looked instantly better in that formation when Solanke came on against CP.

Oh well, hopefully we still pull out the win and there's no reason not to. Can hopefully has a better game than the last...Wijnaldum too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool: Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum; Mane, Salah, Firmino

Substitutes: Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Robertson, Milner, Sturridge, Solanke

It's pretty clear this midfield doesn't work well together but Klopp keeps going back to it. Bleh. Would much prefer seeing the 4-2-3-1 again it looked instantly better in that formation when Solanke came on against CP.

Oh well, hopefully we still pull out the win and there's no reason not to. Can hopefully has a better game than the last...Wijnaldum too.

This is what makes me mad. They won't look at any midfielders besides Keita, yet Grujic and Woodburn aren't even on the bench.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This is what makes me mad. They won't look at any midfielders besides Keita, yet Grujic and Woodburn aren't even on the bench.

Woodburn not being there especially puzzles me. In my mind he'd be the one after Coutinho and Lallana to fill that creative role in the midfield along with some combination of Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum/Milner/Grujic but anyway. I'm not the coach. Klopp has a plan and we'll have to get behind it.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Woodburn not being there especially puzzles me. In my mind he'd be the one after Coutinho and Lallana to fill that creative role in the midfield along with some combination of Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum/Milner/Grujic but anyway. I'm not the coach. Klopp has a plan and we'll have to get behind it.

Isn't Woodburn a striker? Or have they been moving him around in the MF/ATM roles?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Woodburn is pretty much a utility player. Can play anywhere in the front three or as a #10/#8. One consistent theme of the players Klopp has promoted to the first team is that he wants them all to play multiple positions. Woodburn seems to be best in midfield.

Alexander-Arnold for example is a right back, but he can play in the front three out wide right or in midfield. Time will tell if these are good ideas.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nordveit in for Bicakcic and Geiger in for Amiri. I like bringing both of those players in, but I'd have brought Geiger in for Wagner and played 3-1-4-2 instead of 3-4-2-1...and if you're gunna stick with a 3-4-2-1 then I'd go with Uth over Wagner up top as he does a lot more outside of the box.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Klopp says he likes the young players and then he leaves them on the bench to pick three defenders instead.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
CL qualifier where you might have to defend for your life isn't when you pick children. They have to get through no matter what, even if it turns out that they need to put six defenders on the pitch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
CL qualifier where you might have to defend for your life isn't when you pick children. They have to get through no matter what, even if it turns out that they need to put six defenders on the pitch.

Since when does Klopp park it? I don't buy that. Even so they don't need 3

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah wtfffff

What a ball from Firmino...Mane you have to bury that oh my godddd

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Watching geiger irritating Mane into just sending the ball back instead of trying to create something <3

This kid's development is why I'm less annoyed by Kimmich being converted into a FB than I used to be. He'll push Weigl for the starting 6 gig with the NT throughout their primes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wonderful football. Just wonderful. The outlet from Firmino, the backheel from Mane and the fortunate deflected shot but just brilliant.

Mane has been doing well but Firmino has been serving him up perfectly.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Goal doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as Hoffenheim still need two. But the way it's started, it would be a massive collapse for Liverpool to even let it get to ET, they're just absolutely dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad