UEFA Champions League Matchday 4

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Real are far less inconsistent at home than away. The point is, their fate is still very much in their own hands. I find it highly unlikely that Sporting wins both matches, and that Madrid comes away with only 1 point or less in those final two matches.

You may call it a miracle, but Madrid is actually very good at still getting wins out of awful performances. It's the hallmark of the Zidane era in fact.

Of couse Real is favourites, but they were really bad against Sporting and Legia at home. Shouldn't have 6 points to show for it really.
So losing at Sporting is IMO very possible.

If that happens, then you can expect Dortmund will do everything to beat them and kick them out because I believe Sporting will get the job done against Legia.

Sporting-Real will IMO decide this group's second team. And that's no walk in the park for Real.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of couse Real is favourites, but they were really bad against Sporting and Legia at home. Shouldn't have 6 points to show for it really.
So losing at Sporting is IMO very possible.

If that happens, then you can expect Dortmund will do everything to beat them and kick them out because I believe Sporting will get the job done against Legia.

Sporting-Real will IMO decide this group's second team. And that's no walk in the park for Real.

Sporting has not played well. Maybe I just don't watch them enough and they aren't good, but they look like an average side. Offensively, Martins is their only real threat, and their center backs are incredibly slow.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh I agree. But they did lead at Real and should have AT LEAST a point probably 3 earlier this year. They also toyed with Legia, something Real hasn't done.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Spurs w/o Kane are lacking so much creativity...that was tough to watch...Alli should have been given that penalty though...but shouldn't have been in that position...not enough imagination with the ball in the final 3rd...plenty of chances...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Big Dive by Alli IMO, nice reffing.

Definitely a dive and he does it in the league too. That combined with his petulance make him an immensely unlikeable player.

Tottenham look terrible.

i can see where someone would think that, but on the replays Alli tries to avoid the defender, but the defender's knee clearly hits his foot...not saying it was a clear penalty, but I've seen way less given this year

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think on the replay you can see Alli flying into the air and then on the way down he actually touches the defenseman's foot. At least from what I remember from yesterday's replays.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Ugh. Brugge play two really solid games against Porto and have nothing to show for it. Lost at home thanks to an injury time PK, lost at Porto thanks to a lucky goal after we didn't get a PK after a clear handball.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Ronaldo greeted David Pawlaczyc, the Polish youngster who was roused from his coma in 2013 after listening to one of the striker's goals.
1478039158_571910_1478039295_noticia_normal-1024x574.jpg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So apparently, Aubameyang was disciplined because he asked Tuchel to go to a party in Italy monday night, Tuchel refused and he still went.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure where else to put this:

Carlo Ancelotti: Higuain is the best striker in the world alongside Suarez and Lewandowski. I did not want him to leave when I was with Real Madrid but there was nothing I could do about it.

Shots fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad