UEFA Champions' League Knockout stage

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Shame. Given their form... you would think Munich takes it now.

Depends on if yesterday woke Bayern out of their hibernation or if that was more about Mainz just coming out flat in the first half, than it was about Bayern getting back into form.

When rolling this Bayern squad can be terrifying, but they've still been slumbering since the restart...securing just 3 pts after 3 straight draws in the BuLi.

And if Bayern bring that form against PSG, then even without Mbappe they'll get bounced.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
No I blame the draw. The one where PSG get a top 10 team 80% of the time when all the other top 10 team get between 15 and 30% over the last 10 years
I mean, if you cannot beat the good teams, you do not deserve to win the CL.

Last year we had to go through PSG, Chelsea, City and Liverpool. That's quite the gauntlet ;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, if you cannot beat the good teams, you do not deserve to win the CL.

Last year we had to go through PSG, Chelsea, City and Liverpool. That's quite the gauntlet ;)
Makes up for all those insane draws where Real managed to get the best draw at every round.
Besides, you already have the reffing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Are you suggesting that the draw is rigged against PSG?
My sentence is quite clear.
A top 10 ranked european team has roughly between 15 and 30% of drawing another top 10 team over the last 12 years.
PSG is at 80%

Some would call it unlucky. Some even here managed to say it's normal. So you make your own opinion about that fact which is simply a fact. PSG has more than double the chance as any other team to draw a top 10 team.

I'll also point out that the ref whistled at 89:59 in the PSG-Haifa blowout while his colleague left 5 minutes of ET for Benfica to score the last goal they needed.
Again, those are just fact, and not deniable.

What one might interpret from these is what one wants. I'm just stating pure facts here.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
My sentence is quite clear.
A top 10 ranked european team has roughly between 15 and 30% of drawing another top 10 team over the last 12 years.
PSG is at 80%

Some would call it unlucky. Some even here managed to say it's normal. So you make your own opinion about that fact which is simply a fact. PSG has more than double the chance as any other team to draw a top 10 team.

I'll also point out that the ref whistled at 89:59 in the PSG-Haifa blowout while his colleague left 5 minutes of ET for Benfica to score the last goal they needed.
Again, those are just fact, and not deniable.

What one might interpret from these is what one wants. I'm just stating pure facts here.

So I'm interpreting your presenting of those facts as your insinuating that processes have been rigged against Paris Saint-Germain. Can you confirm whether I am correct in my interpretation or whether I am wrong?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I haven’t done the statistical analysis myself, but from what I recall PSGs percentage of top sides was a bit high but well within a normal distribution, especially considering they virtually never have a significant team eliminated in R16 due to being in the same league unlike most other teams.

Reactions: Peen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh:

You just cannot give Real Madrid any credit for anything.
And you can't accept PSG got screwed over multiple times by reffing even though it's beyond obvious (Barca, Real, United, Real again...).
So yeah lol.

I haven’t done the statistical analysis myself, but from what I recall PSGs percentage of top sides was a bit high but well within a normal distribution, especially considering they virtually never have a significant team eliminated in R16 due to being in the same league unlike most other teams.
80% for PSG, 17% for Juve.
OK man, normal distribution.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Feels like forever since the CL was one, I need to go back and remember what the heck is happening in this competition.

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad