GWT: UCL R16 First Legs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ironically last time he was somewhat good on them was before his move to Real Madrid.
Probably.

Total steal by United so far.
Atle has 1 goal, 2 posts and have given up one shot on goal, which was a weak shot from a not so great angle.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
He will probably go on and play for Cameroon. His father want’s that.

Janne pick the likes of Sema before him.

Bit weird, as the father Joseph left Cameroon as an 18-year old and has been living in Europe since, and has lived in Sweden for 20+ years. He didn't even get that many caps for Cameroon.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Bit weird, as the father Joseph left Cameroon as an 18-year old and has been living in Europe since, and has lived in Sweden for 20+ years. He didn't even get that many caps for Cameroon.

Yeah i dunno. Was in a swedish newspaper the other day. We’ll see about that. Anthony has lived in England a couple of years so his love for Sweden might not be that big after all. I would not want anyone who’s heart isn’t 100 percent in it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah i dunno. Was in a swedish newspaper the other day. We’ll see about that. Anthony has lived in England a couple of years so his love for Sweden might not be that big after all. I would not want anyone who’s heart isn’t 100 percent in it.

That's a good lad.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Interesting videoboard analysis on BT sports. Pointing out how Fred committed too hard on the Atletico goal before the cross, slipped and gave too much space for the cross to happen.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Good result for United. Performance not so much but it was better after the subs. Elanga, Matic and Telles all good.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Are United fans ready to have the conversation that Ole might have been better suited to this team than Ragnick is? I just saw the second half but man United look lost, and this is against a terrible Atletico team this year. Your defense made Felix look like Messi out there. And speaking of terrible, I don't know what happened to Oblak but this year he has a Karius level drop.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I can promise you that it doesn't matter who is in charge, this team has looked lost and disjointed through numerous stretches of the season. It's not just a recent thing. The defense and CDM problems long outlive any of the managers. Consistency and a lack of structure has been the main culprit this season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Are United fans ready to have the conversation that Ole might have been better suited to this team than Ragnick is? I just saw the second half but man United look lost, and this is against a terrible Atletico team this year. Your defense made Felix look like Messi out there. And speaking of terrible, I don't know what happened to Oblak but this year he has a Karius level drop.
As I've said in a different thread it's not about Ronaldo and it's certainly not because Ragnick is or isn't a good enough manager. But ok.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Ole might have been better with this specific group of players, but that’s not a good thing, at least not long term.

It’s pretty clear that the players have been running things for a while and they’re now stuck between playing an actual system and playing however they want individually. You see little flashes of it come out sometimes, but for the most part they’re still learning an actual team system.

Having a manager like ragnick in there to (hopefully) break that out of the players and leave the permanent manager with something to actually build from is, by far, the better long term option even if it means they might be a bit worse right now.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad