GWT: UCL Matchweek 4 & 5

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The last few match-days have been a complete disaster for Dortmund. It'd be easy to blame the referees for screwing us over in two different games with bad red card decisions or blame these results on having half a team of injured players all season, but we aren't playing great teams. I don't find the excuses compelling. You have to be better than Ajax and Sporting. Or at least one of the two.

Rose is on notice now. Either he wins the Bundesliga or Cup and Europa League or he'll probably be on the hot seat starting next season. Barring a huge collapse in the league, I think his job is safe for the full season. And everyone in the Bundesliga sucks this year, aside from two teams, so top four is safe. But he better get this corrected. The first half of this season has been pretty mediocre. The team has played very few good games. If the team doesn't start playing better, he probably isn't in a job a year from now.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think we got the better team today because they wanted to protect Anfield. Not sure how much they care on the road.
We got the better team because there’s five subs and they actually care a touch about the money for a win. It does add up. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Klopp run Salah and Mane out knowing he loses them for a bit

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
We got the better team because there’s five subs and they actually care a touch about the money for a win. It does add up. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Klopp run Salah and Mane out knowing he loses them for a bit
Yes it seems obvious that Salah is a starter. I don't know the last time he was not a starter.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No just that you didn't stop getting any help.
Is it help if it’s the right call though?help implies cheating as is what Uefalona is meant to be. In fact if you look at the CL won by Barca ask around the opponents it’s hardly ever Barca won by being better usually it’s because of the ref.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Incredibly wide open group. It was my feeling after the draw and after 4.5 games, it's still so tight.
Lille leads with 8 points, Salzburg has 7, Sevilla 6 and Wolfsburg 5.
Last game has Wolfsburg hosting Lille and Salzburg hosting Sevilla.

I told you that Salzburg dropping out of a knockout spot was still very possible. They have a delightful collection of young talent and Jaissle has been immensely impressive, but they're still very young & naive.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For sure. He isn’t going to do a Carabao Cup team and Salah will definitely play because he is made out of Vibranium and because he will want more goals. Salah probably captains the team at San Siro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Is it help if it’s the right call though?help implies cheating as is what Uefalona is meant to be. In fact if you look at the CL won by Barca ask around the opponents it’s hardly ever Barca won by being better usually it’s because of the ref.
What proof is there that it's right call though?
And no I never said UEFA handed Barca their trophies. They did hand them the better ref decisions, like most big teams (it works for Real too). And of course, the remontada is arguably the biggest reffing scandal of all time. Not that it helped Barca in the next round.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
And no I never said UEFA handed Barca their trophies. They did hand them the better ref decisions, like most big teams (it works for Real too). And of course, the remontada is arguably the biggest reffing scandal of all time. Not that it helped Barca in the next round.

And now that they are buddy/buddy with the UEFA because they rejected the Super League, it will work for PSG too ;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, it's going to take some time to make up for the past reffing.
Right now, PSG is favoured against small teams, but clearly not against big teams (see City multiple times).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There were twitter pics but thats twitter so hardly a reliable source. The thing is it was a 50/50 call and if barca scored that people would say its cheating. ABosutely big teams get favourable calls but they two have been victims of some shit calls. Barca included. I didn't say you did but the person who said Uefalona implies the cheating which is hardly the case. There wasn't ever an international conspiracy to make barca win. Not now not ever. Did they get some insane calls YES. Did they get calls against them YES.

Is this part of a match fixing scandal nope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad